Regional four-day final: Windwards vs Jamaica

West Indies cricket discussions
mikesiva

Unread post

Final: Windward Is v Jamaica at Gros Islet
Apr 26-29, 2014 (10:00 local | 14:00 GMT | 15:00 BST)

Watch here....

[ustream]13370383[/ustream]
BallOil

Unread post

Match officials for the Final of the Regional 4-Day

ST. JOHN’S, Antigua – The West Indies Cricket Board has announced the match officials for the Final between Windward Islands and Jamaica in the Regional 4-Day Tournament, starting on Saturday at the Beausejour Cricket Ground in Gros-Islet, St. Lucia.

Umpires: Gregory Brathwaite, Joel Wilson

Match referee:
Patrick Felix

Reserve umpire: Francis Maurice

The two teams are playing for the George Headley/Everton Weekes Trophy.

SQUADS

WINDWARD ISLANDS (from): Liam Sebastien (captain), Sunil Ambris, Miles Bascombe, Johnson Charles, Romel Currency, Delorn Johnson, Keddy Lesporis, Mervin Matthew, Nelon Pascal, Kenroy Peters, Shane Shillingford, Devon Smith, Tyrone Theophile

JAMAICA (from): Tamar Lambert (captain), Carlton Baugh Jr, Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Brian Buchanan, John Campbell, Jon-Ross Campbell, David Bernard Jr, Sheldon Cottrell, Damion Jacobs, Andre McCarthy, Nikita Miller, Jerome Taylor
mikesiva

Unread post

For Jamaica, it should be an unchanged team, with Buchanan and JRC sitting, barring injury....

No Samuels, but he didn't do much in the only match he played, so no great loss.

However, we could see Shilly coming into the side, but for who? Mathew to sit, maybe....

I can't see Bascombe coming into the side. He's not really an improvement on skunts Theophile and Lesporis.
mikesiva

Unread post

TOSS NEWS: Windwards won the toss and will bowl first. Jamaica will take first knock on the green surface

WINDWARDS XI: Sebastien (C), Ambris, Charles (WK), Currency, Johnson, Lesporis, Matthew, Peters, Shillingford, Smith, Theophile

JAMAICA: Lambert (C), Baugh (WK), Blackwood, Bonner, John Campbell, Bernard, Cottrell, Jacobs, McCarthy, Miller, Taylor
mikesiva

Unread post

WICKET! Campbell c wkpr Charles b Johnson 2, edged playing outside off-stump

I think this is lunch now....

JAM 1st Inns 94-1 (32 ov) Bonner 40*, Blackwood 51* [Toss: WWD]
mikesiva

Unread post

Half centuries for Blackwood and Bonner...they need to push on to three figures now.

TEA – JAM 1st Inns 174-1 (62 ov) Bonner 78*, Blackwood 90* [Toss: WWD]

I can't remember the last time I saw Jamaica post a score like that!
:lol:
BallOil

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Half centuries for Blackwood and Bonner...they need to push on to three figures now.

Like Jam mean bad to bat all day ? :lol: :lol:

JAM 1st Inns 183-1 (66 ov) Bonner 83*, Blackwood 94*
mikesiva

Unread post

BallOil wrote:
mikesiva wrote:Half centuries for Blackwood and Bonner...they need to push on to three figures now.

Like Jam mean bad to bat all day ? :lol: :lol:

JAM 1st Inns 183-1 (66 ov) Bonner 83*, Blackwood 94*
WICKET! Blackwood lbw b Peters 94, played across; Ump: Brathwaite

Watch the collapse now....
8-)
WICKET! Bonner c Ambris b Matthew 88, edged cut to second slip, brilliantly caught right-handed

Once again, a lapse in concentration, and a failure to reach three figures when the ton was within touching distance....
BallOil

Unread post

Jermaine Blackwood audio | WICB Regional 4Day Final

GROS ISLET, St Lucia – Jermaine Blackwood made his highest first-class score to put Jamaica in a strong position against Windward Islands on the opening day of the Final of the WICB Regional 4-Day Tournament, on Saturday at the Beausejour Cricket Ground.

The 22-year-old right-hander scored 94 – falling just short of a maiden first-class century – but helped his team to 232-3 at the close. He faced 207 balls and hit seven fours and a six over extra-cover. He added 180 for the second wicket with Nkrumah Bonner, who made 88 – his highest score of the season.

After the day’s play Blackwood spoke to WICB Media.

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
BallOil

Unread post

Nkrumah Bonner audio | WICB Regional 4Day Final

GROS ISLET, St Lucia – Nkrumah Bonner batted well to lead Jamaica to 232-3 at the close of the opening day of the Final of the WICB Regional 4-Day Tournament, on Saturday at the Beausejour Cricket Ground.

The 25-year-old opener made 88 – his highest score of the season. It came off 205 balls in 272 minutes and included 11 boundaries. He shared a second wicket stand of 180 with Jermaine Blackwood, who made 94 – his highest first-class score.

After the day’s play Bonner spoke to WICB Media.

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]