RAY JORDAN!!

West Indies cricket discussions
AFRO

Unread post

What a bunch of wukless skunts dem is on sissy running down the yutes action already!! :evil: ...last year it was Beaton and now dem find another prospect to pick on!!...just foolish and backward thinking from so called "WI fans" :roll: .

HERE is Jordan in action during the last u19s world cup...what is clear is he has a "round arm" action which is similar to that of Malinga and Fidel Edwards. Of course one or two deliveries with such an action will always look suspect...but this kid is fresh on the scene and the more he bowls the tighter his action will become.

The bottom line is this yute is a SERIOUS prospect who could go right to the top with the right attitude, hard work and good guidence....these kids are the future of WI cricket...he should be encouraged, not tarred with the "pelting" brush when from what i understand he's NEVER been called in any match he's participated in thus far.

Some people really need to grow up...
Gils

Unread post

you don't have any real graspe (lol) as to how poor the club standard is in the dot areas...some of them barely have a pitch to play on!!..let alone suitable facilities that would be good enough to participate in a "club competition"
..........meh
AFRO

Unread post

LOL does "Mc Sidepiece" really want to play this game now? :shock:
Have I forced, or threatened, him to do anything against his will. NO
Again wrong placing with the second comma...and to put no QUESTION MARK towards the end there was just criminal!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But as you say girls...MEH!!
AFRO

Unread post

Anyway back to Jordan....another two wickets today from the yute which was good to see. People on sissy still yapping but it's emerged that his action has already been TESTED in Australia (just like Malinga's was btw) and he was given the ALL CLEAR!!..so hopefully that brings an end to the foolishness and we can watch the yute progress and hopefully develop his game even further.
Gils

Unread post

never been called
:lol: oh really.

That would mean he's not due back in Aus for more tests.....or, you have no graspe (lol) or understanding of what it is you type.

Malinga.....now that's a hell of a defence :lol:
AFRO

Unread post

LOL "Mc Sidepiece" had no come back regarding his never ending grammar issues (can't fix that with "spell checker" huh duncy? LOL)...so he decides to digress and focus on Jordan being called which I ADDRESSED IN A POST ABOVE!!..how typical :roll:

The fact is he was NOT called publically...it never made any media outlets from what i can see and even some of my links were caught by surprise. It appears the "call" at the world cup was rather tentative...they just told the yute to get tested because of the unusual nature of his action...he PASSED sidepiece!!!.

Anyway GIRLS i've heard you got a few "bars" fi me? DROP DEM NAH!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gils

Unread post

Gils wrote:
you don't have any real graspe (lol) as to how poor the club standard is in the dot areas...some of them barely have a pitch to play on!!..let alone suitable facilities that would be good enough to participate in a "club competition"
..........meh
the bottom line is POPULATION...without coming together Caribbean cricket would be insignificant
Yeah, no pitches, facilities or club competitions will do that, those poor dots.
Colin Benjamin

Unread post

No doubt Jordan is talented. He was the fastest timed bowler in the under-19 world cup this year alongside S Afric's Kagiso Rabada. But without a doubt, his action has a hint a jerk to it

Sort of reminds me of Shaun Tait. The ICC has a new policy on cracking down on bowlers with illegal actions, so Jordan clearly needs to be monitored before/if he gets to international level.
mikesiva

Unread post

Colin Benjamin wrote:No doubt Jordan is talented. He was the fastest timed bowler in the under-19 world cup this year alongside S Afric's Kagiso Rabada. But without a doubt, his action has a hint a jerk to it

Sort of reminds me of Shaun Tait. The ICC has a new policy on cracking down on bowlers with illegal actions, so Jordan clearly needs to be monitored before/if he gets to international level.
I totally agree...like Tait and Fidel Edwards, Ray Jordan has a slingy, round-arm action. In addition, pacers with that kind of action have a smaller margin of error, and can tend to be inaccurate. The only pacer with a slingy action who seems to have had a successful international career in recent times is Lasith Malinga.
AFRO

Unread post

What about Mitchell Johnson mike? his action has a hint of "sling" to it aswell imo. I just think Ray needs to keep his head down and continue to work hard...peeps who know him on sissy are saying his elbow "can't get straight" or something along those lines so i guess that's why he passed the tests in Australia. If this kid develops his control (which he's bound to as he gains more experience) coupled with his rapid pace then he really could be a handful for WI in the future....let us pray he's more Malinga than Fidel :D .