T20: WI vs Bang @ Basseterre on Aug 27

West Indies cricket discussions
Keith

Unread post

The T20 match WI v Ban at basseterre st kitts has been pushed forward by one day ie from Wednesday 27th to Thursday 28th. This is not reflected on cricinfo as yet.
mikesiva

Unread post

Will you be going?
:)
Keith

Unread post

Sure Mike! In fact I was very instrumental on the CPL here as well. I am going to give you a hint discretely. Something went drastically wrong or unprofessional during the finals with Trident vs Amazon. What can I say? Pollard is a cunning bloke!
mikesiva

Unread post

Anything to do with this?

http://www.windiesfans.com/forums/viewt ... f=2&t=8216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
8-)
There were great crowds at Basseterre during the CPL, and I watched most of it on BT Sport. Were you the guy dancing with the vibrating chest?
:mrgreen:
Keith

Unread post

Pollard issue was just one of many. Without calling names I must say that I was privileged to speak with key personnel at the game. Let's just say that the third umpire lapsed in decision making when he failed to shorten the match even while Barbados were batting. Furthermore he and the Barbados officials were constantly soliciting D/L situations.

I conclude that the third ump erred and Pollard took advantage of this blunder and played according to the d/l requirements which he had stacked away in his pocket. Notice he kept on bowling his medium pacers deliberately slowing down the over rate.
Keith

Unread post

Dancing with a vibrating chest? Lol certainly not me.
Googley

Unread post

Keith wrote:Pollard issue was just one of many. Without calling names I must say that I was privileged to speak with key personnel at the game. Let's just say that the third umpire lapsed in decision making when he failed to shorten the match even while Barbados were batting. Furthermore he and the Barbados officials were constantly soliciting D/L situations.

I conclude that the third ump erred and Pollard took advantage of this blunder and played according to the d/l requirements which he had stacked away in his pocket. Notice he kept on bowling his medium pacers deliberately slowing down the over rate.

So, in other words he is a damn cheat!!!

did i sound like Columbus dey? :D

I have a feeling I did! :lol: :lol:
WIndiesFans.com

Unread post

BASSETERRE, St Kitts – The West Indies Cricket Board’s Selection Panel today named the 13-man squad for the one-off Dhaka Bank T20 against Bangladesh.

Read full article...
Keith

Unread post

Nah' Pollard just played by the rules :shock:
mikesiva

Unread post

FULL SQUAD
Darren Sammy (captain)
Sulieman Benn
Dwayne Bravo
Sheldon Cottrell
Andre Fletcher
Chris Gayle
Sunil Narine
Kieron Pollard
Denesh Ramdin
Andre Russell
Krishmar Santokie
Lendl Simmons
Dwayne Smith

NOTE: Samuel Badree is injured and unavailable for selection

I sometimes wonder what's the point of domestic competitions like the CPL if the selectors are going to ignore them?

Miller outperformed Benn in the CPL, but Benn gets the pick....

http://www.windiesfans.com/forums/viewt ... f=2&t=8198" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The non-performing Sammy is retained as captain....

No Lewis, no Samuels, no Cooper, no Rampaul...it's a different regime, but same old shyte.