RAYMON REIFER!!..potentially the alrounder we need?

West Indies cricket discussions
AFRO

Unread post

Played a very impressive knock for the Tridents the other day and imo this yute could potentially be the best alrounder in the Caribbean very soon. For CCC he constantly batted high up in the order and his left-arm seam bowling has also produced a number of wickets. His bowling would certainly add variety to our attack but he'll need to keep on improving with the batting..he's gotten a lot of 50s but now it's time to get some three figure scores and once that happens i think WI will be in his near future.

It will interesting to see if Bim retain him or whether he goes to another team..i think he'd be good for teams like Guyana or Leewards tbh.
Colin Benjamin

Unread post

Ye to repeat what i said in the other thread:

"I have no interest in the this stupid C-League that has no context in world cricket, but good to see Reifer batting well in a top order position. He is a good batting all-rounder in the making. If he can add some swing to his left-arm seamers - a very useful cricketer in the making."
Mail

Unread post

With all the positive changes from the WICB and even a better relationship with the WIPA, lauded by FICA a period of relatively stability is upon here....no?

I believe Colin or AFRO may have quite rightly mentioned, not verbatim, we are in danger of confusing this WICB with previous incarnations. That for me is a significant point as I, like the vast majority, was up in arms at the H&H fiasco but it is a new era worth embracing, until such time you have good reason to be critical, allow initiatives to work.

A key initiative WICB need to work on, vociferously, is getting spectators to Test matches. I think for far too long Administrators have been misguided by being satisfied with TV rights and unconcerned about the brand.

West indies cricket has one of the most potent brands and presenting, to a sponsor, vibrant and present support is an attractive proposition. However, given the favourable changes, I sincerely hope this follows.

It is therefore a good time to really nurture youngsters and give some stability to those seasoned and fringe 'professionals' through central contracts and infrastructure.

I have a limited amount of knowledge about this young man....Raymondo, and I will not judge him on a T20 game, however looked sound in his approach.

The longer the list of possible and probables, the better for Windies, are you not salivating at the prospect in the 'new era'?

In terms of youngsters, I am a bit disappointed Holder's bowling has not come on as much as I thought it would have by now. Perhaps he needs more time to develop, in which case possibly leave him at Academy/ FC level for a while.

I am not an advocate of pushing youngsters far too quickly for a few reasons. Valueing elevation, honing their skills at FC level and breaking down the doors so when they get an opportunity they hold on for life etc. Of course there will be exceptions and holding a structured view should not prevent innovative thinking.

Holder has shaped up well as a batsman and is he now more likely to be a batting allrounder?

What has happened to Bishoo? For me Leggies are match winners but it appears he is completely off the radar. Poor lad was over bowled and over burdened in my view so it was not surprising to have seen him slum. That was teh time for the selectors to stick with him and if not in the team, close to it feeling part of the set up.

The team management should also have those on teh verge to attend big games, be a part of the extended dressing room to observe, ask questions and learn.

I do not know about you lads, but I do not recall a period of innovation as you are going through now.

Richard seems to be making some good changes and I hope this continues.
Mail

Unread post

With all the positive changes from the WICB and even a better relationship with the WIPA, lauded by FICA a period of relatively stability is upon here....no?

I believe Colin or AFRO may have quite rightly mentioned, not verbatim, we are in danger of confusing this WICB with previous incarnations. That for me is a significant point as I, like the vast majority, was up in arms at the H&H fiasco but it is a new era worth embracing, until such time you have good reason to be critical, allow initiatives to work.

A key initiative WICB need to work on, vociferously, is getting spectators to Test matches. I think for far too long Administrators have been misguided by being satisfied with TV rights and unconcerned about the brand.

West indies cricket has one of the most potent brands and presenting, to a sponsor, vibrant and present support is an attractive proposition. However, given the favourable changes, I sincerely hope this follows.

It is therefore a good time to really nurture youngsters and give some stability to those seasoned and fringe 'professionals' through central contracts and infrastructure.

I have a limited amount of knowledge about this young man....Raymondo, and I will not judge him on a T20 game, however looked sound in his approach.

The longer the list of possible and probables, the better for Windies, are you not salivating at the prospect in the 'new era'?

In terms of youngsters, I am a bit disappointed Holder's bowling has not come on as much as I thought it would have by now. Perhaps he needs more time to develop, in which case possibly leave him at Academy/ FC level for a while.

I am not an advocate of pushing youngsters far too quickly for a few reasons. Valueing elevation, honing their skills at FC level and breaking down the doors so when they get an opportunity they hold on for life etc. Of course there will be exceptions and holding a structured view should not prevent innovative thinking.

Holder has shaped up well as a batsman and is he now more likely to be a batting allrounder?

What has happened to Bishoo? For me Leggies are match winners but it appears he is completely off the radar. Poor lad was over bowled and over burdened in my view so it was not surprising to have seen him slum. That was the time for the selectors to stick with him and if not in the team, close to it feeling part of the set up.

The team management should also have those on the verge to attend big games, be a part of the extended dressing room to observe, ask questions and learn.

I do not know about you lads, but I do not recall a period of innovation as you are going through now.

Richard seems to be making some good changes and I hope this continues.
mikesiva

Unread post

The only assessment we can make from his innings for the Tridents the other day is that he could be a useful T20 allrounder...that innings offers little or nothing WRT to his Test future. Dung heap is the best yardstick to judge that, not the Champions League....

That said, if Raymon Reifer is going to score runs, he's going to have to do a better job of running between the wickets than he did today against the Cape Cobras....
:P
Reifer is 23, after all...he's not that young any more. This is the time when he needs to deliver. He can't continue to thrive off potential....
Googley

Unread post

stick a fork in Reifer! He has now been cursed by the resident obiah man! He might as well look for a new career! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mikesiva

Unread post

Goat-mouth!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AFRO

Unread post

Speaking of barbados players...i wonder which OLD IDIOT said this on sissy recently? :roll:
Screw West Indies...when Carter raised his bat on reaching three figures, he wasn't celebrating a potential WI pick. He was celebrating getting an IPL contract....
Let me give you a hint...he's the biggest ENGLISH SKUNT on this forum...and those words merely back up my belief that he's a FAIR WEATHER FAN!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikesiva

Unread post

You clearly don't understand context, Goofy...I was merely telling posters what is probably going through Carter's mind
8-)
Since Goofy touted Reifer, he can't make any runs...out for six this time!
:lol:
Googley

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: Since Goofy touted Reifer, he can't make any runs...out for six this time!
:lol:

anyone surprised by this? I think not!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: