** Pietersen's pending Autobiography causing ECB grief **

Action from the rest of the world....
Mail

Unread post

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/con ... 86579.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cannot wait to hear the revelations and would be nice to hear it from his perspective.

Not sure if he will ever be permitted to play in the UK ever again!!!!!!!
mikesiva

Unread post

KP doesn't need ECB approval...he can earn tons of money playing in the IPL, the CPL, and the Aussie Big Bash.
8-)
Mail

Unread post

Mikey,

I know and yes he can earn a lot of money elsewhere but we gave him the opportunity to show his talent to the world and the Authorities will see it as a betrayal.

To get this book published he ahs had to relinquish ties with Surrey so the ECB cannot sanction him.

His loyalty has always been elsewhere, even if he chose to have silly tattoos!
Gils

Unread post

ECB leaking confidential documents looks just as childish.

8000 runs and one MBE later to be abused, disregarded then discredited. Where in the British empire have I seen that before.

Talksport.com 4pm GMT Darren Gough interviews KP.

Gils

Unread post

ECB leaking confidential documents looks just as childish.

8000 runs and one MBE later to be abused, disregarded then discredited. Where in the British empire have I seen that before.

Talksport.com 4pm GMT Darren Gough interviews KP.

Mail

Unread post

I do not see the relevance of British Empire, it is just poor management aking to the H&H saga and now another pay dispute handled shabbily by the WICB.

It was interesting to see some TV coverage yesterday on his perspective.
Mail

Unread post

Gatting on the KP issue....a bit long.

http://talksport.com/cricket/exclusive- ... 1007117782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mail

Unread post

Gough

http://talksport.com/cricket/exclusive- ... 1006117554" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gils

Unread post

Thanks but I've been listening all week. Its my regular station.

Gratitude, is short on the ground. Goughie and Lamb aside.

I see a recurring theme of use, abuse, disregard then discredit / vilification.

Failure to recognise colonial soldiers being a prime example.

Its how empires work Mail, there is no otherway Britain could have expanded and sustained its empire beyond its own borders without a constant resupply of manpower, service workers, and resources.

A constant influx of citizens to resupply the pyramid structure, at its lower rungs.
Mail

Unread post

Gils,

In the context of KP, whilst he has portrayed himself as victim, he left Notts and Hampshire for not being able to get along with management and until recently Surrey was not going to renew his contract.

So we need ask ourselves why?

Any employer has to take these allegations seriously and investigate accordingly but even the press was reporting how unhappy the England camp was but it is easy to report that when you are getting a Royal thrashing, as was the case in the Ashes.

In my view all of this stems from the appointment of Kevin as Captain, him not being Happy with both Moores and Flower and wanted both sacked after returning from the Indian tour! The ECB did sack Moores but they also relieved Kevin of the Captaincy who now had to play under Andy, a man he was not getting on with.

Kevin was now excluded from that senior setup, and it was a gradual downhill from then on.

Kevin skims over the texting issue and focuses on the parody twitter account, which was quite wrong. Even after textgate,apparently prompted by KP's allegation that Strauss ignored him after scoring 149 in the second test against the Saffers in 2012, KP was reintegrated into the team. So you can see there was goodwill to have him in the team.

Alec Stewart, in July 2012, had apparently told the ECB that Swanny, Broad and Bresnan had access to this parody account butthere is no evidence that they had any direct input.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0288cy6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All dressing rooms have little groups as you get on with and connect to some better than others but when that clique becomes divisive then it is dangereous.

It is fairly evident there was a lot of jealousy with the money KP was earning but Kevin is not blameless. You must also remember both Strauss and Prior are Saffers.

A genius player but for me should not have ever played for England, for reasons I have previously mentioned. We need to ask ourselves why Keving could not get along with Management at Notts, then Hampshire, to some extent Surrey and with the England setup when he became Captain.