PLAYERS FEELING DI HEAT NOW?!!

West Indies cricket discussions
AFRO

Unread post

Dem SCRRAMBLING to rhatid!!... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Samuels: I did not support abandoning Indian tour

Wednesday October 22, 2014

West Indies senior player Marlon Samuels said he was not in support of the decision to abandon the tour of India last Friday.

Speaking on PowerPlay on Power 106 FM, the Jamaican batsman said his focus was on playing cricket and as a result, he did not attend most of the meetings, which were organised by One-Day captain, Dwayne Bravo.

West Indies abandoned the tour after the fourth One-Day International (ODI) in Dharamsala.

The developments followed a protracted payment structure dispute between the players, the West Indies Cricket Board and West Indies Players' Association.

According to Samuels, he was ready to go to Eden Garden to play the fifth ODI.

"(For) most of those meetings I was in my room ordering room services or on Skype talking with my kids as I had no time for those meetings and talking.

"I decided to do with talking with my cricket bat on the field as I went to India on a mission. It was all about cricket for me," he said.

Samuels, who was recalled to the West Indies squad for the tour of India, emerged the best player for the Caribbean side with two centuries.

He started the series with a bang in Kochi, scoring a majestic 126 not out after the West Indies had failed to turn up for practice.

The Caribbean side won the match by 124 runs.

In the fourth ODI in Dharamsala he was the last man out for 112 as the West Indies suffered a 59-run defeat.
Link

GWAN Marlon!!..outside of di COTR yutes dem i did tell di board to go easy on a few of di "seniors"..Marlon was one of dem and for good reason too 8-) .
Gils

Unread post

..WI fold this game WILL BE TORN APART!!

BCCI just cancelled 4 out of 5 series for the next 8 year cycle.

That's conservatively, a 60 % hit on WICBC's 100% revenue increase projections.

West Indian cricket, as a brand, just took, at an estimate, a 25% hit with this tour.

:?: what exactly is it WI, the 8 th ranked team, have that the ICC just can't do without, and why wasn't that reflected in the big 3 re organization of ICC operations.
mikesiva

Unread post

This article says nothing other than that Samuels disagreed with both bravo and the wicb over the cancellation of the tour...nothing new there. Samuels always was a lone rider.
AFRO

Unread post

Gils wrote:
..WI fold this game WILL BE TORN APART!!

BCCI just cancelled 4 out of 5 series for the next 8 year cycle.

That's conservatively, a 60 % hit on WICBC's 100% revenue increase projections.

West Indian cricket, as a brand, just took, at an estimate, a 25% hit with this tour.

:?: what exactly is it WI, the 8 th ranked team, have that the ICC just can't do without, and why wasn't that reflected in the big 3 re organization of ICC operations.
I know you're an english skunt like your boyfriend above and you only care about "jamaica" but let me break it down for you!!

1. Wi have won every single icc trophy..unlike England, SA, NZ, pak and SL

2. WI still hold the record of being undefeated for 29 test series in a row

3. WI have produced some of the greatest players to have ever played the game

4. Have perhaps produced the best test side in history

If you think the ICC will allow a cricket institution with that kind of history to "fold" then you're more THICK than thought!!..only Australia get close to us interms of achievements..not your England, not SA, not INDIA, not pakistan...NO-ONE!!.

The game loses WI then it's over!!..we simply cannot be replaced and India/ICC know that which is why the ICC have said nothing and india are just gashing teeth!!..they may stamp their feet for a couple of tours but i seriously doubt it will be till 2022.
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:This article says nothing other than that Samuels disagreed with both bravo and the wicb over the cancellation of the tour...nothing new there. Samuels always was a lone rider.
BWAHAHAHAHA mike BAWLING bhai!!... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he doesn't want to save his career why is he mentioning not going to the meetings and not wanting to quit the tour? :roll:

And he's not the only one pon hands and knees!!!..A WHOLE HEAP OF MAN is begging behind di scenes!! :mrgreen: .
mikesiva

Unread post

Samuels has no ipl contract so of course he needs West Indies cricket. Since you claim that "a whole heap of man begging" do tell us specifically who begging.
Googley

Unread post

Samues = "players"

I tort he was just 1 player!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gils

Unread post

Affers

I know those records, they are undeniable, though all records are set to be broken.....

But exactly what about them prevents world cricket / the ICC from being " TORN APART "
No thing that I can see, :?: are you trying to protect a family members income
mikesiva

Unread post

Gils wrote:Affers

I know those records, they are undeniable, though all records are set to be broken.....

But exactly what about them prevents world cricket / the ICC from being " TORN APART "
No thing that I can see, :?: are you trying to protect a family members income
Yep...the Roman empire achieved a lot of things, but that didn't stop them from being TORN APART.
:mrgreen:
BallOil

Unread post

Like Afro blowing moe hot air than usual or what? :lol: :lol: