T&T Cricket Board condemns striking players

West Indies cricket discussions
WIndiesFans.com

Unread post

THE Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (T&TCB) has condemned, in the strongest possible manner, the recent actions of the West Indian cricketers who aborted their   cricket tour of India.

Read full article...
mikesiva

Unread post

Ramnarine rises from the ashes....

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/N ... 97952.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Former West Indies Players Association president and current Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board club representative Dinanath Ramnarine called the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board’s condemnation of the West Indies players’ withdrawal of the India tour “inappropriate, unfair, highly prejudicial and premature” given the WICB’s formation of a task force to deal with the issue. Ramnarine also called the statement a cheap “PR and political gimmick” given its timing before the task force has been formed and the findings revealed. Yesterday the TTCB issued a media release, emanating from Saturday’s 58th AGM, stating that they “condemned, in the strongest possible manner, the recent actions of the West Indian cricketers who aborted their cricket tour of India.” But Ramnarine objected to the motion to censure the WI players moved by former sports minister and TTCB nominated member Manohar Ramsaran and seconded by Secondary Schools Cricket League (SSCL) representative Surujdath Mahabir, claiming it was premature. Contacted by the Daily Express yesterday, Ramnarine said the TTCB was contradicting the stance of the WICB who announced its intention, after its emergency Board meeting in Barbados last Tuesday, to appoint a task force to deal with the issue.'
Googley

Unread post

how dare the board critize Ram's letters/statements delivered via Bravo?!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikesiva

Unread post

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Personally, I'm more sympathetic to the players than the WICB, but when you read the comments below this article, it does seem that a majority of Jamaicans don't support the player action....

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Ra ... on-players" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Googley

Unread post

Socrates has spoken!! :D
Socrates232 kay • 20 hours ago

u do realize that almost every scandal in west indies cricket, a jamaican or jamaicans have been involved. Pat Rousseau in 1998, chris gayle wanting test cricket to die, marlon samuels(who is now holier than thou) involved with bookies(i did not say he threw a game) now this. I think there is a pattern.
Gils

Unread post

Googley wrote:Socrates has spoken!! :D
Socrates232 kay • 20 hours ago

u do realize that almost every scandal in west indies cricket, a jamaican or jamaicans have been involved. Pat Rousseau in 1998, chris gayle wanting test cricket to die, marlon samuels(who is now holier than thou) involved with bookies (i did not say he threw a game) now this. I think there is a pattern.
:| yeah, It was the yardies who mash up de federation too.....
mikesiva

Unread post

Trouble in Trinidad?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/ ... 96061.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'West Indies' Test captain Denesh Ramdin believes he has been axed as captain of the Trinidad & Tobago squad for the forthcoming domestic four-day tournament and has alleged, in an interview with Trinidad Express, that he is being "victimised". Allrounder Rayad Emrit has been named captain of the T&T side. Patrick Rampersad, a vice-president of the Trinidad & Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB), has denied Ramdin's allegation.'
mapoui2

Unread post

for those who shud be paying attention: why is Ramdin an Indian, now at odds with, and being victimized by the TCCB..which is an Indian run organization?

I mean if class was the principle here I would expect that as Indo Ramdin would be protected by Indos and he would keep his job especially as Titty captain..while at the same time I would expect victimization to come from the wicb..the Afro run entity.

but the opposite is happening to start with..while we must expect no less victimization to come from the wicb later on

so why is the TCCB and the wicb seemingly on par with this then :? :? :?

interesting. who wants to take a shot :? :?
Googley

Unread post

only you would think to consider class and the Indo perspective!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: