NO

West Indies cricket discussions
Gils

Unread post

Transparency ,accountability or progress

*Sack 1st team coach with no replacement in sight, after almost 3 months

*Eff up tour contracts and resolution process, no WICBC or WIPA acknowledgement of fault or culpability

*WICBC refusal to review the CBA / MOU, even when faced with the threat of strike action.

* Employ convicted felons as local CEO, with no resultant admission of fault or accountability

* Unable to complete regional tournaments (LICA), not an eyelid raised

* No, relief in sight
Googley

Unread post

Transparency ,accountability or progress

Welcome to the West Indian way!

all the good people migrated to North America or Europe!

All of WI is suffering from brain drain leaving the sheep unprotected and surrounded by wolves!
mikesiva

Unread post

Gils wrote:Transparency ,accountability or progress

"Marlon Samuels is the only player from the ill-fated tour of India whom the West Indies selectors are likely to pick for the upcoming tour to South Africa in December. The West Indies are due to play three Tests, five limited overs internationals and three T20 matches. Sources told the Guardian that the selectors have already contacted several players about the possibility of being part of the team, and only Samuels of the 15-member squad which abandoned the tour in India, has been contacted. The source also noted that veteran batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul, has also been speaking with the selectors. Among the other players being invited to make themselves available are: Sheldon Cottrell, Tino Best, Johnson Charles, Devon Smith, Kraigg Brathwaite, Keiran Powell, Shane Shillingford, Nkrumah Bonner, Asad Fudadin, Jonathan Carter, Sunil Ambris, Andre Fletcher, Jermaine Blackwood, Chadwick Walton, Devon Thomas, Jason Holder, Carlos Brathwaite, Devendra Bishoo, Ashley Nurse and Miguel Cummins. South African cricket authorities may be faced with a weakened West Indies team, something they rejected in 1998 when a Brian Lara-led team visited for the first official series following the end of the apartheid system."

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2014-10 ... ks-sa-tour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol:
Gils

Unread post

Googley

Acceptance of those standards are all well and good domestically.

The problem arises when those same standards are exported overseas onto a world stage, finacially vibrant environments that take said qualities as givens.

Its compounded further when WICBC top brass, and shills, make wild claims like " professionalising " WI cricket will bring parity with other nations, or WI will be NO 1 in at least one format during the next cycle.

All while WI ranking remains locked at 7/8th, sponsors stay far and coverage/ interest meanders on.
Mail

Unread post

Gilly,

Well summarised and confirmed by Googs.

There was meant to be ajoint statement from WICB/ WIPA!

Did that happen?
Gils

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:
Gils wrote:Transparency ,accountability or progress

"Marlon Samuels is the only player from the ill-fated tour of India whom the West Indies selectors are likely to pick for the upcoming tour to South Africa in December. The West Indies are due to play three Tests, five limited overs internationals and three T20 matches. Sources told the Guardian that the selectors have already contacted several players about the possibility of being part of the team, and only Samuels of the 15-member squad which abandoned the tour in India, has been contacted. The source also noted that veteran batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul, has also been speaking with the selectors. Among the other players being invited to make themselves available are: Sheldon Cottrell, Tino Best, Johnson Charles, Devon Smith, Kraigg Brathwaite, Keiran Powell, Shane Shillingford, Nkrumah Bonner, Asad Fudadin, Jonathan Carter, Sunil Ambris, Andre Fletcher, Jermaine Blackwood, Chadwick Walton, Devon Thomas, Jason Holder, Carlos Brathwaite, Devendra Bishoo, Ashley Nurse and Miguel Cummins. South African cricket authorities may be faced with a weakened West Indies team, something they rejected in 1998 when a Brian Lara-led team visited for the first official series following the end of the apartheid system."

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2014-10 ... ks-sa-tour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Progress : Marlon Samuels was out the team five weeks ago, only via a poor run from Kirk Edwards was he even re reconsidered, now he's being talked of as captain.

The rejected stone, becomes the cornerstone ........ with just a 4 Inns turnaround :!:

It remains to be seen weather SA will accept such a line up but its apparent the WICBC are allocating just as much time and effort to finding a 3rd string set of players as they have been to finding a coach - all while negotiations with the seniors are still on going.

Indian tv already have their doubts, if SA reject the 3rd XI, :?: what's to stop sky sports etc..
Gils

Unread post

Mail wrote:Gilly,

Well summarised and confirmed by Googs.

There was meant to be ajoint statement from WICB/ WIPA!

Did that happen?
Yeah, WICBC had a nice meeting with Russell and Holder, all while WICBC were asking these players about their availability for a tour of SA, Sheldon Cottrell, Tino Best, Johnson Charles, Devon Smith, Kraigg Brathwaite, Keiran Powell, Shane Shillingford, Nkrumah Bonner, Asad Fudadin, Jonathan Carter, Sunil Ambris, Andre Fletcher, Jermaine Blackwood, Chadwick Walton, Devon Thomas, Jason Holder, Carlos Brathwaite, Devendra Bishoo, Ashley Nurse and Miguel Cummins.

Apparently no one stormed out of this meeting either, so I guess WI can call that progress. Or alternately, nothing has been solved either, and this unrest has been unfolding for almost 4 weeks now.

With the activation of a " task force " to look into why Cameron offered to withdraw the team before the 1st ODI, and other matters, I expect a stipulation that the accumulation of even more of the ever evasive consensus is required before anything definitive happens as a consequence.

http://www.windiesfans.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Mail

Unread post

And 'obviously' and notably, no resignations?
Gils

Unread post

Mail wrote:And 'obviously' and notably, no resignations?
*Hinds clearly acted in the interests of the majority of WIPA members, so I think it would be difficult, in a democratic process, for them to oust him without that consensus.

Don't ask me about the CoI, its clearly a separate matter.......

The absence of very much critique re Camerons abilitiesto carry out his duties during this saga may also point to the strength of his own entrenchment.

They say elections are in March, but I doubt that changes much at all.

* That cant be right, as only a small percentage of regional players have ever represented the British West Indies first XI, in any format....unless they have no body to take up their cause :geek:

Now I wonder if :?: WIPA will also be responsible for managing the 100 plus new PCL contracts.
Mail

Unread post

Gils wrote:
Mail wrote:And 'obviously' and notably, no resignations?
*Hinds clearly acted in the interests of the majority of WIPA members, so I think it would be difficult, in a democratic process, for them to oust him without that consensus.

Unless I am presented with evidence to support this statement then, with the utmost respect, I have no reliance on that 'assumption'! Brother, if he was acting in the best interest then he should be canvassing the WICB, not intentionally, deceitfully, in cahoots with the WICB present a MoU/ CBA that the AGM did not vote for.

His authority is based in consultation.

It is simply not his job to intend to do well when the funding for a scheme is not there. Yes work with the WICB to negotiate and inform your membership not screw the senior members, Which is what he did.

In my humble view he clearly does not understand his remit and therefore should have done the right thing and stepped down.

Don't ask me about the CoI, its clearly a separate matter.......

The absence of very much critique re Camerons abilitiesto carry out his duties during this saga may also point to the strength of his own entrenchment.

They say elections are in March, but I doubt that changes much at all.
T,
* That cant be right, as only a small percentage of regional players have ever represented the British West Indies first XI, in any format....unless they have no body to take up their cause :geek:

Now I wonder if :?: WIPA will also be responsible for managing the 100 plus new PCL contracts.