Tony the Pozy Cozier..A Relentless Source of Crap

West Indies cricket discussions
mapoui2

Unread post

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/co ... 99805.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this iron ass will never stop eh, never end or run out.

its like Cozier was turned on a million years ago and never stopped..never stops... and he will go on forever spewing right wing, racist, anti-labour, anti ordinary people crap.

the man is like a machine now in his shit. he has done it for so long it is automatic.

I made the mistake of reading this piece of crap and it pissed me off so much I had to bring it here to cut it up
bossman19TT

Unread post

Maps...fuh a supposed level headed fellow, dat post is not considered at all! In fact, de point about spewing crap is most ironic :lol: given you did not say anyting except to abuse de man...

Anyway, I would like to know exactly what yuh issue is wit what Cozier has to say, some examples if you please? I am genuinely interested as to why yuh so upset man! :geek:
mapoui2

Unread post

It took two weeks for 14 West Indies cricketers to carry out their threat to prematurely abandon their tour of India, the ruinous repercussions of which still reverberate around the Caribbean.
immediately puts the players action into a negative hole. less info can be bad info and misdirection.

the players followed a clear, consistent and consecutive course of action in response to all that was going on. also clear was the most incompetent, confrontational and ridiculous response from the wicb by its most ridiculous chairman Skameron..that more than anything precipitated the walkout.
and it was the wicb who cancelled the tour not the players..which is why the BCCI is after the wicb not the players.

the consistent tone of this piece is of player bad intent right from the start
The ICC placed those "who behave in a similar manner in the future" on notice that they could jeopardise their chances of signing for teams in lucrative domestic franchises such as the IPL, Big Bash and South Africa's Ram Slam.

For many in newspaper columns, on radio call-in programmes and on social media, the time for action is now, not in the future. They were all for immediately sacking the rebellious India 14 and starting afresh with those clearly committed to West Indies cricket. It was a solution formed by the strong feeling that enough is enough.

The Hyatt Accord has at least saved those players from themselves. Whether an already insolvent WICB can be saved from financial ruin, with the BCCI's outrageous damages claim for US$42.7m looming, is a different matter altogether.

3 more paragraphs of the same thing. its as if the players have no case, were/are totally malfeasant in the process, irresponsible and ridiculous.

additionally here's Lloyd as quoted by Cozier:
Clive Lloyd, the captain in the golden era of the '80s, was on the spot as the new chairman of selectors. He said he pointed out the certain consequences of a strike at a couple of meetings with Bravo and his men. They wouldn't listen, he said in a television interview. His disillusionment was palpable.
phuck Lloyd! who is Lloyd...GOD :roll: :roll: why shud the players extend any credibility to Lloyd :roll:

Lloyd is not god, and by now has no credibility at all in any west indian quarter as a trustworthy and progressive figure. but Cozier cites him as such a figure.

from the quote above it is clear also that Lloyd thinks that he remains a figure of trust and respect in the west indies..a father figure. he is not as far as I see...indeed quite the opposite..a hypocrite.

Lloyd is seen rightly as a soup drinker at a teat of power, politically incompetent from his ridiculous, silly and doomed run at the wicb chairmanship recently, the chairmanship that Skameron had already stitched up..and a hypocrite for he Lloyd, in his day, was just as 'rebellious or self-seeking' as they call Bravos Bunch now for looking out for players interest.

do you remember what Cozier said of Lloyds men in strike in the late 19-seventies :?
I don't but it was not supportive. I will look into it, to demonstrate how selective Skunt Cozier is.

the current incarnation of Lloyd as an establishment figure is acceptable to such as Cozier for the purpose of showing the current players action in bad light. Lloyd leading the west indian legends out against what the then wicbc dictated was not eh :roll: :roll:

by that same token Richards the Rasta was never ever acceptable to Cozier and the wicbc. Lloyd was a much better, more respectable figure as far as the wicbc was concerned.. and they all colluded for Lloyd to stay on as long as possible to deny Richards the captaincy. so you see even then LLoyd was a closet Brahmin and a hypocrite looking for a place to surface..a hypocrite

for Cozier to cite and quote Lloyd now against the players exposes his intent here as bad minded, geared to show the players in the worse light possible without openly attacking them..which gives Cozier's own hypocrisy some cover..likely in his own mind. we all know who he is anyway

Cozier is of course very experienced and knows how to play propaganda games, to twist and turn words in description of events to show them in whatever light he wishes :x :x :x
Last edited by mapoui2 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
mapoui2

Unread post

as an aside it seems Lloyd wishes to play a role in the west indies of father figure, trusted elder statesman etc.

that seems so from Lloyd's supposed disillusionment at the players negative response to him and his advice not to strike.

if that is the truth and Lloyd is already into that role.. given the nature of his involvement in the issue, his attempt to pacify the players in the interest of a rampaging wicb president... then he is truly senile and delusional.

Lloyd is a known soup drinking quantity in the west indies, and that quality does not fit him out for any such fatherly, advisory role to everybody in the west indian reality. the truth is... Lloyd as soup drinker makes him a hypocrite, not a father figure

Lloyd should be what he is...a brahmin..and be done with it. as brahmin and soup drinker he can only be representative of wicb interest, elitist interest...drinking soup and working for the elite. he cant fool anybody with that nonsense

we know that that is where his sentiment truly lies, that as fully grown and successful man, experienced, he is established and in the quarter of the top tier of west indian class society

I for one have no problem with that. but if Lloyd comes to me in a fatherly, advisory capacity seeking to pacify me in favour of the status quo, I will kick his rarse out. I doh want none of that. if he comes in representation of who he is..the wicb man... representing them, maybe we can have a debate based on the facts in the issue at hand and find accommodation or solution

but I cant stand Lloyd the hypocrite. indeed he is useless, even idiotic, and very irritating in that role.

it is clear the players see Lloyd as I have described him...and they are accurate. no doubt they considered his opinion/advice and rejected it. but the way Cozier presents it, and what Lloyd is quoted saying, makes the players look really bad, determinedly childish and recalcitrant, impish...worse even in fact
:x :x :x :x
:x :x :x
:x :x
:x
piss on them both..Lloyd and Cozier
bossman19TT

Unread post

Very interesting Maps...

Obviously I do not know as much about Lloyd as you, as I was not around in de 70s/80s 8-) but some very strong words agains de man!

I do not necessarily agree wit all you say, but it is always good to get an opinion from a different perspective 8-)