Rohan Kanhai

West Indies cricket discussions
Googley

Unread post

Bally, wah happened to the Kanhai site...it not wukking :o
Googley

Unread post

i wanted to quote this by a famous poster from this site.... 8-)

the first I came to hear of it was from one Hilson Phillip...a leewards Island cricketer...

but up in those islands deh all believed that westIndians had superior eysight because of one innings of Kanhais'......108 against Bim on saturday morning in 1965 at Kensington

it was a Bim -BG match..the captains were Joe Solomon and Everton Weekes for Bim who had a ripping Hall/Griffith combination to blast the opposition to bits.

Solomon had kanhai, Butcher and Gibbs and at dat time the competion between BG/Bim was intense...real intense leh mih tell allyu

Hall and Griffith ripped the heart out of the BG first innings for nutten...literally.....3 wickets fuh no runs..den fuh one run...and ovah de raydio yuh cud hear the roar of bim as deh chanted fuh blood...BG blood

and de got it...or almost for Hall ripped out Kanhais stumps with a no-ball which yuh cud not hear due to the uproar at Kensington. we all thought it was 4 wickets fuh 1 run.

it was then the fiyah workd really start. Solomon locked dong one end...immovable, absolutely nuttne able to penetrate his defense...while Kanhai went on an offensive unprecedented in cricket.

dat here is what I consider his best innings..and I only heard it on raydio.

from all subsequent reports and I spoke to some who witnessed it, Hall and Grifith were at their finest and fastest, gave no quater to the Guyanese. and Kanhai gave the same....none at all.

deh said Kanhai hooked lightening off his nose, drove the same as if they were spinners, cut like butchers going through the carcass of a whale or some huge, unfathomable monster that had to be dissected.

nothing was too fast or too brutual for Kanhai to play a master shot against.

Fiyah with fiyah was dat day in barbados..a fiyah heard and felt allround the westindies...

if allyuh tink I lie allyuh try locate some ancient citizens who were either there, or listened-in on raydio that brilliant saturday in the westindies

Kanhai scored 108, Solomon 65 and BG went on to win a low scoring but intensely fought match, with Gibbs the decisive factor on day 4

those up in the leewards who listened in were convinced that Indian people had superior eysight generally, because of how Kanhai took apart the hurricanes that were Hall/Griffith dat saturday, played with them as if they were gentle caribbean breezes.

I kid allyuh not!

after hearing this from Phillip I spoke to others up there who had the same impression about westIndian eyesight...because of that innings

the impact orf that innings was so mystical, so improbable, especially in the light of the tumbling BG wickets, it seems that there had to be some super explanation to it.

it was not like Solomon who locked down and survived. we thought BG wud not make 50 dat saturday.

Kanhai did not lock anything dong but attacked, took apart some of the best and greatest fast bowlers ever..especially dat Charlie griffith who was a sight to behold and an true terror in his time and in his prime.

Griffith could bowl...really bowl..line and length, devastating yorker, equally wicked bouncer, pace like fiyah...an Ambrose before Ambrose and much faster.

allyuh tink it was sorf back in those days...not at all! and with that innings alone Kanhai proved his greatness...we doh even need the other 5,892 to prove his claims..our claims... to his greatness.

there was no pace anywhere, anytime dat cud rattle kanhai..no bowlng at all. dat was the lil master. no kidding bim. de man was great! and is me who say so...and yuh know how I doh like to give EIRM and dem nutten save the wood deh deserve.

I cyar beat dem with Kanhai...and Shive. have to give dem doze...deh win dem two hands dong. but de war continues.......
BallOil

Unread post

Googley wrote:Bally, wah happened to the Kanhai site...it not wukking :o
here is the link http://www.windiesfans.com/index.php/Kanhai-News/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will fix Kanhai.windiesfans.com later..sorry for the trouble
Googley

Unread post

can you guess the writer of that post I quoted?
BallOil

Unread post

Googley wrote:i wanted to quote this by a famous poster from this site.... 8-)

the first I came to hear of it was from one Hilson Phillip...a leewards Island cricketer...

but up in those islands deh all believed that westIndians had superior eysight because of one innings of Kanhais'......108 against Bim on saturday morning in 1965 at Kensington

it was a Bim -BG match..the captains were Joe Solomon and Everton Weekes for Bim who had a ripping Hall/Griffith combination to blast the opposition to bits.

Solomon had kanhai, Butcher and Gibbs and at dat time the competion between BG/Bim was intense...real intense leh mih tell allyu

Hall and Griffith ripped the heart out of the BG first innings for nutten...literally.....3 wickets fuh no runs..den fuh one run...and ovah de raydio yuh cud hear the roar of bim as deh chanted fuh blood...BG blood

and de got it...or almost for Hall ripped out Kanhais stumps with a no-ball which yuh cud not hear due to the uproar at Kensington. we all thought it was 4 wickets fuh 1 run.

it was then the fiyah workd really start. Solomon locked dong one end...immovable, absolutely nuttne able to penetrate his defense...while Kanhai went on an offensive unprecedented in cricket.

dat here is what I consider his best innings..and I only heard it on raydio.

from all subsequent reports and I spoke to some who witnessed it, Hall and Grifith were at their finest and fastest, gave no quater to the Guyanese. and Kanhai gave the same....none at all.

deh said Kanhai hooked lightening off his nose, drove the same as if they were spinners, cut like butchers going through the carcass of a whale or some huge, unfathomable monster that had to be dissected.

nothing was too fast or too brutual for Kanhai to play a master shot against.

Fiyah with fiyah was dat day in barbados..a fiyah heard and felt allround the westindies...

if allyuh tink I lie allyuh try locate some ancient citizens who were either there, or listened-in on raydio that brilliant saturday in the westindies

Kanhai scored 108, Solomon 65 and BG went on to win a low scoring but intensely fought match, with Gibbs the decisive factor on day 4

those up in the leewards who listened in were convinced that Indian people had superior eysight generally, because of how Kanhai took apart the hurricanes that were Hall/Griffith dat saturday, played with them as if they were gentle caribbean breezes.

I kid allyuh not!

after hearing this from Phillip I spoke to others up there who had the same impression about westIndian eyesight...because of that innings

the impact orf that innings was so mystical, so improbable, especially in the light of the tumbling BG wickets, it seems that there had to be some super explanation to it.

it was not like Solomon who locked down and survived. we thought BG wud not make 50 dat saturday.

Kanhai did not lock anything dong but attacked, took apart some of the best and greatest fast bowlers ever..especially dat Charlie griffith who was a sight to behold and an true terror in his time and in his prime.

Griffith could bowl...really bowl..line and length, devastating yorker, equally wicked bouncer, pace like fiyah...an Ambrose before Ambrose and much faster.

allyuh tink it was sorf back in those days...not at all! and with that innings alone Kanhai proved his greatness...we doh even need the other 5,892 to prove his claims..our claims... to his greatness.

there was no pace anywhere, anytime dat cud rattle kanhai..no bowlng at all. dat was the lil master. no kidding bim. de man was great! and is me who say so...and yuh know how I doh like to give EIRM and dem nutten save the wood deh deserve.

I cyar beat dem with Kanhai...and Shive. have to give dem doze...deh win dem two hands dong. but de war continues.......
Who might this poster be? :lol: :lol: Excellent write up by the author... Should we add tis as an article in Kanhai's site?
Googley

Unread post

yes, of course we need the author's permission...no?

i am sure he will be reading this shortly... LOL
BallOil

Unread post

Googley wrote:yes, of course we need the author's permission...no?

i am sure he will be reading this shortly... LOL
How do we know that the author didn't copy this from somewhere else? :lol: :lol: Can't be...I see him all ova deh! :D

Mr Author, do you grant us permission to publish this or do you want to fix it up a bit?
Googley

Unread post

bai, the man ignoring we....
BallOil

Unread post

Googley wrote:bai, the man ignoring we....
I know...Where is he?
BallOil

Unread post

Why are you avoiding this thread?