Brooks added to Windies A ‘Test’ squad

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

St John’s, Antigua – Barbadian batsman Shamarh Brooks has been added to the West Indies A ‘Test’ squad which will face Bangladesh A in the Second Digicel ‘Test’ at the Beausejour Cricket Ground in St Lucia starting on Saturday November 12th.

The 13 man squad for the First Digicel ‘Test’ at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Grounds was reduced to 12 following injury to Dwayne Bravo.

Brooks, a Sagicor High Performance Centre graduate, has featured in 16 First Class matches for his native Barbados and also played in 11 List A matches.

The 23 year old right hander who also bowls leg spin is a former West Indies Under 19 captain and regularly captained the Sagicor High Performance Centre Team.

The opening Digicel ‘Test’ was a drawn match. The teams will play the second and final Digicel ‘Test’ before moving on to play two Twenty20s and three 50 Over matches.

West Indies A squad for Second Digicel ‘Test’
Veerasammy Permaul – Captain
Nkrumah Bonner
Carlos Brathwaite
Shamarh Brooks
Jonathan Carter
Rajendra Chandrika
Kyle Corbin
Shannon Gabriel
Sunil Narine
Nelon Pascal
Danza Hyatt
Andre Russell
Devon Thomas

Nov 12 – 15 – 2nd Digicel ‘Test’ – Beausejour Cricket Grounds
Match Referee: Patrick Felix
Standing Umpires: Clancy Mack and Nigel Duguid
Standby Umpire: Maurice Francis
mikesiva

Unread post

So, Chandrika, Carter, Corbin and Thomas keep their places....
:roll:
mikesiva

Unread post

joshua brought it to our attention that Brooks has a FC average of just 24....

That puts him on level pegging with most of the other batsmen, then!
:P
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:joshua brought it to our attention that Brooks has a FC average of just 24....

Isn't that average more than what Bonner's was before he played that test? :lol: so if Bonner can perform well why can't Brooks? if that yute performs he'll be a big threat to Sammy because he's a natural leader.
AFRO

Unread post

Anyway my team for tomorrow would be..

Hyatt= make him open for god sake
Chandrika
Corbin (wk)=let him keep wicket, Thomas is garbage.
Carter
Brooks
Bonner
Russell
Permaul
Narine
Pascal
Gabriel

In all honesty Permaul should be dropped for his performance last time, but as dem made him captain i guess that's not likely to happen, so maybe they will drop Brathwaite? i don't know but if Narine doesn't play i'll go fecking mad!!.. i really will :evil: .
mikesiva

Unread post

AFRO wrote:
mikesiva wrote:joshua brought it to our attention that Brooks has a FC average of just 24....

Isn't that average more than what Bonner's was before he played that test? :lol: so if Bonner can perform well why can't Brooks? if that yute performs he'll be a big threat to Sammy because he's a natural leader.
Because a 20+ FC average says that you're not consistent enough....

You can't pick a string of batsmen, all of whom average 20+, and expect them to win. No wonder they were outplayed by Bangladesh's reserves - did you here me? I said BANGLADESH'S reserves!

This is a team we'd be thrashing a few years ago....
Now, we're happy that Bonner hits a century to save us from defeat.

You can't have Chandrika and Carter playing while Brathwaite sits...it seems that Brathwaite can make more runs than those two jokers.
:?
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: Because a 20+ FC average says that you're not consistent enough....

You can't pick a string of batsmen, all of whom average 20+, and expect them to win. No wonder they were outplayed by Bangladesh's reserves - did you here me? I said BANGLADESH'S reserves!

This is a team we'd be thrashing a few years ago....
Now, we're happy that Bonner hits a century to save us from defeat.

You can't have Chandrika and Carter playing while Brathwaite sits...it seems that Brathwaite can make more runs than those two jokers.
AND DID YOU HEAR ME OLD MAN? let me put it in black for you incase you can't see it properly..

Junaid Siddique= has a ton against England to his name at test level
Shuvagata Hom= played in the last ODI against WI seniors where we lost heavily
Raqibul Hasan= has played nine Tests INCLUDED the two against WI seniors the other day and even got himself a 41 with the bat
Nasir Hossain= young alrounder WHO ALSO PLAYED IN THE TWO TESTS against Wi seniors the other day and got a 41 and 34 knock with the bat plus took three wickets
Suhrawadi Shuvo=AGAIN played in the last test against WI seniors and got a 4fer including Darren Bravo's wicket when he went for 195,
Robiul Islam=played tests against England and Zimbabwe

SO PLEASE GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD THAT SIX OF THE BANG LINE-UP ARE EITHER IN THE CURRENT TEST TEAM AND ODI TEAM OR HAVE PLAYED TEST CRICKET AT SOME STAGE,

In our team Russell and Pascal have played one Test each and Thomas and Hyatt have played ODI's, SO THE BANG TEAM HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE AT THE TOP LEVEL THAN OUR PLAYERS DO!!, when all that is taken into consideration IS IT ANY WONDER THAT THEY PUT UP A FIGHT? :| i don't think so, at least we've got more talent in the cupboard, Hughes, Lesporis, Mcclean and Kantasingh being a few names i could mention, so stop getting your knickers in a twist please!! :lol: .
mikesiva

Unread post

You're not reading what I said, are you? I've said before that the WI selectors cannot pick an inexperienced XI to play for the A team against the Bangladeshi A team, and then try to excuse their failure to beat lowly Bangladesh by saying, as you, "Oh, the Bangladeshis are so much more experienced than we are, so even though they totally outplayed us at home, we did well," and other such crap....
Any sensible selector would pick a mix of youth and experience to ensure that our team is not outplayed at HOME by a side that is ranked so far below us....

But then again, the WI selectors probably went to the Afro School of Selections (ASS)....
:D
As I've said before, this would be my batting lineup....

1) Simmons (only 26, and scored more runs than young openers domestically)
2) Fletcher (only 23, and scored more runs than young openers domestically)
3) experienced captain (a Ganga or a Hinds)
4-5) two youngsters, maybe Bonner and Hyatt
6) Russell
7) keeper - Corbin
8) Brathwaite
9-11) bowlers

Drop Chandrika, Carter, Thomas, and don't even bother with Brooks, who can't even make runs for Barbados....
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:You're not reading what I said, are you? I've said before that the WI selectors cannot pick an inexperienced XI to play for the A team against the Bangladeshi A team, and then try to excuse their failure to beat lowly Bangladesh by saying, as you, "Oh, the Bangladeshis are so much more experienced than we are, so even though they totally outplayed us at home, we did well," and other such crap....
Any sensible selector would pick a mix of youth and experience to ensure that our team is not outplayed at HOME by a side that is ranked so far below us....

But then again, the WI selectors probably went to the Afro School of Selections (ASS)....
As I've said before, this would be my batting lineup....

1) Simmons (only 26, and scored more runs than young openers domestically)
2) Fletcher (only 23, and scored more runs than young openers domestically)
3) experienced captain (a Ganga or a Hinds)
4-5) two youngsters, maybe Bonner and Hyatt
6) Russell
7) keeper - Corbin
8) Brathwaite
9-11) bowlers

Drop Chandrika, Carter, Thomas, and don't even bother with Brooks, who can't even make runs for Barbados....
ARE YOU THAT FECKING BLIND MIKE? :shock: you keep calling them "Bang reserves" WHEN HALF OF THEM ARE FIRST TEAMERS YOU DUMB IDIOT!!.. that's what i'm saying but clearly you're having comprehension difficulties!! :roll: ,

And you're comment of "they outplayed us" IS SO FECKING PATHETIC!!..like i've said before IT'S NOT ABOUT THE TEAM WINNING IT'S ABOUT GETTING TALENT READY FOR THE SENIOR TEAM, and on that front Russell put his name forward, Bonner done well and Gabriel/Pascal sent a reminder to the selectors, THAT'S ALL WHAT MATTERS, will anyone be talking about some A-team result next year? I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT.
mikesiva

Unread post

It doesn't matter, Afro...the WI selectors knew about the Bangladesh A squad before they picked theirs, and they STILL went for a bunch of inexperienced youngsters who couldn't even dominate our batting stats at the regional level....

So, are you saying that you don't care if our A team does badly against the Bangladeshis? Are you saying that you don't mind if the Bangladeshis outplay us, just as long as these inconsistent youngsters get some games under their belt?

I'm sorry, but that sounds like typical ASS thinking....
Any sensible selector, who didn't go to ASS, would pick a side with a mix of youth and experience, and this squad smacks of over-confidence, because we're just playing the Bangladeshis. Thankfully, we're not playing an A team from another Test side, or we would've been thrashed!

Take Brooks, for example...he failed for Barbados in the four-day domestic season, and gets a callup to the WI A squad. He averaged 26 with the bat this season, and was Barbados' NINTH best batsman! What is the logic behind that?
It seems that Gibson and his cronies are picking players on the basis of youth and inexperience, with no attention paid to ability and consistency....

By the way, Brooks is the same age as Fletcher, who outperformed Brooks in domestic cricket this season.