Lack of sponsorship hinders TV coverage of WICB four-day matches

West Indies cricket discussions
WIndiesFans.com

Unread post

A lack of sponsorship has ruled out the possibility of live television coverage or the production of highlights packages of the current West Indies Cricket Board’s (WICB) Regional Four-Day Championship.

Read full article...
fitzroywilson

Unread post

WICB must be the only cricket board inn the world that is unable to find sponsorship for such a long time for their domestic cricket.What value is the CEO and the marketing manager?They tend to concentrate on petty politics rather than the job at hand.I think the JCA,BCA,TTCB should be organised in such away as not to be so dependable on the the inept WICB
socafighter

Unread post

fitzroywilson wrote:WICB must be the only cricket board inn the world that is unable to find sponsorship for such a long time for their domestic cricket.What value is the CEO and the marketing manager?They tend to concentrate on petty politics rather than the job at hand.I think the JCA,BCA,TTCB should be organised in such away as not to be so dependable on the the inept WICB

Be careful AFRO will come by with his BS ..telling you what a great job HUnte/Hillaire

have accomplished to date ....sigh
DMan

Unread post

socafighter wrote:
fitzroywilson wrote:WICB must be the only cricket board inn the world that is unable to find sponsorship for such a long time for their domestic cricket.What value is the CEO and the marketing manager?They tend to concentrate on petty politics rather than the job at hand.I think the JCA,BCA,TTCB should be organised in such away as not to be so dependable on the the inept WICB

Be careful AFRO will come by with his BS ..telling you what a great job HUnte/Hillaire

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too true, too true.
fitzroywilson

Unread post

The evidence regarding the board performance given that they have a well paid CEO is far worse than the team's performance. Sponsorship is basic performance indicator
socafighter

Unread post

fitzroywilson wrote:The evidence regarding the board performance given that they have a well paid CEO is far worse than the team's performance. Sponsorship is basic performance indicator

Ken Gordon left Hunte WICB on a golden platter . See my thread on Gordon's Final speech

http://www.windiesfans.com/forums/viewt ... f=2&t=3936" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Two idiots Hunte/ Hillaire mismanagement allowed all of our sponsors to flee.

Strange they left (Carib, KFC and TCL ) and poured their money in T&T Cricket .

West Indies cricket in all of its history has never been this bad .
AFRO

Unread post

socafighter wrote:

Hey SocaFraud..let me tell you a little secret!!.. THE LAST TIME I CONTACTED THE WICB I ASKED THEM TO PROVIDE INTERNET COVERAGE OF THE FOUR DAY GAMES and guess wah? IT'S NOW HAPPENING YOU SKUNT!!! :lol: , you see? they listen to people who AREN'T BITTER LIKE YOU!! :lol: ,

I told them that the radio coverage in the first round was unacceptable, since then it's been much better, and the Internet feed is gonna be great aswell, yes they need to improve where sponsorship is concerned and i hope this year we can see progress on that front, i know for sure that there is major interest from companies ready to sponsor the t20 competion and possibly the one dayers aswell,

It would be great if they could strike a deal with ESPN to show a highlights package of the four day competition too which in turn would attract new sponsors to that format i think, maybe that's something the new CEO can get done once Hillaire leaves.
Last edited by AFRO on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
socafighter

Unread post

Oh lawrd ....

I knew he was going to be by spewing his bull shyte .

You see young person , we always had great radio coverage in the Caribbean and
sponsors till Hunte/Hillaire showed up . Then they ran fer the hills .

yo hooo we had better commentators also .

Listening to the fools on the Barbados vs T&T game , is like listening to C&W music
painful. So I am not .
AFRO

Unread post

So SocaFraud, are you telling me we shouldn't at least be happy that SOME progress has been made on this front? ISN'T SOMETHING BETTER THAN NOTHING? :roll:

Whatever you may think regarding the "quality" of the commentators AT LEAST WE'VE GOT SOMEONE BROADCASTING THE GAMES, and that's the only thing that matters to me right now, the Internet feed is gonna be great aswell because we'll actually be able to see some of these talented players in action LIVE, which just personifies the notion that the current board have EMBRACED social networking and new technology :D .
socafighter

Unread post

WOw ...so Hunte /Hillaire just discovered the internet huh . Technology is sure advanced

in St Lucia ...I tell ya