Ramdin, Rampaul, Bravo and Barath back for T&T to take on Barbados in the semi-final

West Indies cricket discussions
WIndiesFans.com

Unread post

Following is the 13-man Trinidad sand Tobago cricket squad for the Regional Four-Day Tournament Semi-Final against Barbados starting on Friday, March 30, 2012 at the Queen's Park Oval in Port-of-Spain.

Read full article...
BallOil

Unread post

training schedule for the Trinidad and Tobago cricket team:

Wednesday, March 28, 2012: National Cricket Centre, Balmain,
Couva, 9 am to 12 pm

Thursday, March 29, 2012; Queen's Park Oval, Port-of-Spain,
9 am to 12 pm
mapoui

Unread post

so..the next T20 is friday and Darren is playing for Titty. so is he dropped from the westindies side?
BallOil

Unread post

mapoui wrote:so..the next T20 is friday and Darren is playing for Titty. so is he dropped from the westindies side?
I wouldn't say dropped but match practice and hopefully he finds form ...
mapoui

Unread post

the best Titty 11 out of that group wud be in order:
Barath, Guillen,
Barclay,
DBravo,
Kanhai,
Ramdin,
Emritt,
Rampaul, Narine,
Kantarsing
Gabriel
mapoui

Unread post

well...match practice does not compute. Darren has not missed a beat for the longest while.

he has been fit and injury free all along while others have been injured and out. he has been included and playing all season long and before. he has not missed a match or practice session for any reason.

there is absolutely no obvious reason in the whole wide world why darren bravo is not in form and scoring runs at this time. none at all.

he shud have been dropped and wud be were I a selector. and I am certain he has been in fact dropped. there is no excuse for his batting all the way through dung heap, ODI and now T20
AFRO

Unread post

Statistically from what i gather Darren has been our BEST test batter since we played Sri-lanka away in late 2010, so of course the selectors aren't gonna wanna drop on a whim, but if you really look at his one day scores he hasn't really shown his true class apart from the odd good knock against SA at the world cup and India at home,

In time i guess he'll get better at the shorter versions but for now i'd like the yute to focus mainly on the four day game, because we've already seen how brilliant he can be already, playing for Trinidad on friday is the perfect warm up game for him and i hope he makes it count, i'm also delighted to see Rampaul and Ramdin back, hopefully Ramdin keeps wicket and is over his injury problems because i still don't trust Baugh at all.
mikesiva

Unread post

'Ravi Rampaul, the West Indies fast bowler, has signalled his readiness to return for the Test series against Australia following his bout of dengue fever. At 27, Rampaul has developed into one of the region's most reliable international bowlers but was unable to be considered for the West Indies pre-tour training squad or the ODI series due to illness - he also had to shrug off a shoulder problem. However Rampaul has returned to playing club cricket in Trinidad and is hopeful of representing the island in their regional first-class tournament semi-final against Barbados, the better to prove his fitness for the Tests that begin on April 7.'

http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/ ... 58948.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DMan

Unread post

Looks like we've got back some of our key players for this match. Nice. 8-)
mikesiva

Unread post

BallOil wrote:
mapoui wrote:so..the next T20 is friday and Darren is playing for Titty. so is he dropped from the westindies side?
"Bravo, the 23-year-old left-hander has been released from the squad. He will play for Trinidad & Tobago against Barbados this weekend in the Regional 4-Day semi-finals with the aim of being ready for the Digicel Test Series against Australia."

http://www.windiescricket.com/news/danz ... rren-bravo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;