Summer sports events in England

West Indies cricket discussions
mikesiva

Unread post

I'm not impressed with the way the guy on the ICC ticket hotline (ticketmaster) tries to frighten callers into buying inferior tickets. The guy was trying to convince me that the Vauxhall Stand of the Oval was the only place with tickets left for the WI-Pakistan match. However, when I checked online, I still found tickets in the Bedser stand, with a far superior view of the ground.

Needless to say, I didn't buy from him, but he did admit that tickets will be sold at the ground on the day itself, subject to availability. He tried to tell me that they're selling off fast, a claim I find hard to believe, considering that the match is only two days away now, and I could find tickets available in three stands, including Bedser, Vauxhall, and one other stand.

I was also hoping to get some time to see Jordan in action at Lords this week, but that might not materialise, due to work pressures...too many speeches and press releases to write, and too much editing to do.
:(
mikesiva

Unread post

I delayed a bit too long on this one....

All seats in the Bedser stand are sold out. The only seats left are in the Vauxhall stand, and they are only single seats - none side by side.

I have never seen anything like this for a match that doesn't feature England....
:o
EDIT: Gils just called me...we're on our way to the Peter May stand.
mikesiva

Unread post

Well, Gils and I had a good time, and we watched the only match that the Windies won in the CT tournament!
:lol:
Still, that's the story of supporting the West Indies these days....

Next weekend, I have tickets to watch our Caribbean superstars at the Anniversary Games in the Olympic Stadium in East London, on Friday as well as Saturday.

This time, I expect some of our Caribbean sports men and women to take home winning medals....
:P
mikesiva

Unread post

I thoroughly enjoyed last night!

What I was reminded of last night was the huge phenomenon that is Usain Bolt....

A large portion of the 65,000 fans that packed the Olympic Stadium were there to see Bolt. They cheered him on when he came out before the meet started on his rocket, and when the race itself came around, the cacophony cheering for him was something else! It was 9.45pm, and all the flash cameras going off around the Stadium was fantastic to watch. After the race, Bolt of course did his lap of honour, throwing his spikes into the stands, where fans scrambled for them. Even though spectators had trains to catch, the majority of them stayed behind to catch a closer glimpse of the big man going around the track, paying his respects...it really was something.
8-)