‘I thought long and hard before making decision to lead CCC’ – Jacobs

West Indies cricket discussions
WIndiesFans.com

Unread post

“OBVIOUSLY, playing for your home team would be a player’s first preference, as home is the place you grew and know to love and it is always a pleasure representing Guyana and also the people of Guyana, but it was something I had to think about, talked over with my family and persons who have an influence in my career, so in short I thought long and hard before arriving at my decision.”Those were the words of Guyana’s off-spinning all-rounder Steven Jacobs, who was recently released by the Guyana Cricket Board (GCB), following a request from the Combined Campuses and Colleges (CCC) for the 25-year-old Jacobs to lead the side in the upcoming West Indies Cricket Board NAGICO Super50 tournament.

Read full article...
AFRO

Unread post

But wait!!.. :shock: ...GUYANA MAN DEM!!!...you mean an average skunt like Jacobs decide to TURN HIM BACK pon you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikesiva

Unread post

Afro, you don't seem to understand...the decision is one of economics and convenience.
8-)
Jacobs is currently studying at UWI at Cave Hill. I thought you knew that....
DMan

Unread post

Guyana has rel talent they can afford to give away some players to other teams and be captain of those other teams too. :lol:
BallOil

Unread post

Soon Guyanese will be playing for T&T, Bim WWI & LWI :lol:
Googley

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Afro, you don't seem to understand...the decision is one of economics and convenience.
8-)

caught at the slip by MikeSiva! :lol: :lol:

Mike, you too assuming that Afro lives in the WI?
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Afro, you don't seem to understand...the decision is one of economics and convenience.
8-)
LOL it's been well known he was gonna play for CCC...i was just teasing di Guyana man dem!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
DMan

Unread post

BallOil wrote:Soon Guyanese will be playing for T&T, Bim WWI & LWI :lol:
Apparently WICB feel the standards soo high in those other teams they must put a Guyanese player in each one to lower it. :lol: