Gayle tipped to lead Jamaica at Super50

West Indies cricket discussions
WIndiesFans.com

Unread post

Injured opener Chris Gayle is set to captain Jamaica at this month's West Indies NAGICO Super50 tournament to be staged in Trinidad and Tobago.

Read full article...
mikesiva

Unread post

"The full squad reads: Chris Gayle (captain), David Bernard Jr (vice-captain), Andre Russell, Carlton Baugh Jr (wicket-keeper), Tamar Lambert, Andrew Richardson, Horace Miller, John-Ross Campbell, Jermaine Blackwood, Andre McCarthy, Sheldon Cottrell, Jerome Taylor, Nikita Miller and Nkrumah Bonner. The four reserves are Danza Hyatt, Donovan Nelson, Kenar Lewis and Jermie Merchant."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2014 ... rts14.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting squad, with a focus on youth....

Both Odean and Samuels are injured, and not selected. Parchment has been dropped, and the claim is that Santokie is not fit enough. Lambert is obviously in the squad as a spinner who can bat a bit.

Xavier Marshall continues to be omitted, but Taylor is back...though, by all reports, he's not the same bowler he once was.
Gils

Unread post

the claim is that Santokie is not fit enough

A subjective metric designed to stifle...we self.

Which only holds weight if Jerome Taylor remains up to speed and on par. Observing how his fitness, or lack of, is managed will be entertaining.

Not fit enough, er... Sheldon Cotterrell.... :roll: As the West Indies selectors found out, fit don't take wickets or score runs. Well, we must have a really strong line up if he can't even make the stand by's.

If fit, Brung would have been picked, so I guess Cotterrell/Taylor got lucky twice.
Gils

Unread post

Klas sports radio, 1 pm 2014/13/1.

Orville Higgins : " The Board told us your injury would hinder your effectiveness ".
Krishmar Santokie : " The Dr never told me it would hinder my effectiveness...the Dr told me I can play, in a message and face to face ".

KS : " I'm having back pain from before CPL, I played CPL and the 4 trial match's with it, my whole team knew ".
OH : " They knew you had a back problem "
KS: " Yes, I played 4 trails match's with it, (for a 5 games tournament), more than enough proof of my fitness "
Gils

Unread post

KS " I picked up the injury playing for my club, in a JCA event, "

It seems other, more prominent, members of the squad are not subject to the same standards of fitness.
So having agreed to pay for a J$100 000 injection, and prove his fitness, he was still dropped.