Taylor back in Jamaica squad; Gayle to captain

West Indies cricket discussions
WIndiesFans.com

Unread post

The JCA Selection Panel today named the following 14 players to represent Jamaica at the Super 50 competetion in Trinidad and Tobago:

Read full article...
Gils

Unread post

Chris Gayle(Captain) John Outlawz Campbell Horace Miller Jermaine Blackwood Andre Mccarthy Tamar Lambert Nkrumah Bonner Carlton Baugh Jnr David Bernard Jnr Andre Russell Nikita Miller Andrew Richardson Sheldon Cotterell Jerome Taylor

:?: Outlawz :) , hopefully he doesn't bring his firearms oversea's.

C Gayle
Campbell
Bonner
Lambert
Blackwood
Bernard
Russell
Baugh
Miller
Taylor
Richardson

This team is too easy to pick, just start from the bowlers.

There are three current West Indies ODI reps - Gayle, Russell and Miller and this squad is very much made up of a core group of players that have been used for the last 8/9 years.

Campbell, Blackwood, Bonner and Mccarthy are the unknown quantities and I would like to see them get as many chances as possible. I'm not sure 3, possibly 5, LO games will allow that, or the selection process.
However, if I criticise Barbados for chopping and changing then Jamaica must be applauded for consistency.

I would expect a semi final place at the least and both Lambert and Gayle to start the 1st match, after that they must show flexibility in selection.

:?: Is Shaw park where Jamaica batted for two and a half days to post 650/Dec on T&T.
Mail

Unread post

Excellent to see Taylor back as that is, potentially, good for the Windies.

Retrograde to have Gayle as skipper,but there we are.

I hope Taylor does not look lost as the last time we saw him, injured and forlorn a couple of seasons ago.
mikesiva

Unread post

Based on the squad selected, the captain could only be Gayle or Lambert. I don't agree with the sentiment that the teams should be leaning over backwards to assist West Indies selection dilemmas. You need to select the best captains available, and both Gayle and Lambert are two of the best captains in the region....

Who else would you suggest? Bernard is a poor captain compared to these two....
Gils

Unread post

Neither do I Mike but one voice over 6 territories is that of a harmonious WICB.

In practical terms Mccarthy will have to sit for Lambert, that don't move WI cricket forward much at all.
AFRO

Unread post

Imo this should be the team

Gayle
Campbell
Bonner
Lambert
Blackwood
Miller (wk)
Bernard
Russell
Miller
Taylor
Cotterrell

Time forJam to start giving more yutes a chance and slowly get rid of the DUNGHEAP BULLIES like Baugh and Richardson who don't have a future with WI!! :mrgreen: .

I'm praying Jerome comes through the first game ok and then carries on from there...it's also good to see that Campbell has finally stepped up...while Blackwood remains one of the best young batmen in the caribbean and i expect to see progress from him this season.