MICKY ARTHUR SET TO REPLACE GIBBO?!!

West Indies cricket discussions
mapoui2

Unread post

fus' I hear of them.

anyhow I said the man has ability, is skillful and insightful in cricket. I did not say the man is a saint. I dont know that. this forum does not deal with the saintliness of posters :o
Gils

Unread post

It really means that much to you eh, after all the things I've taught you about emotional investment. :D

Sorry :D but I prefer your original offerings much more, even if there not " rigid ideological perspectives ".
mapoui2

Unread post

pardon me but you have taught me nothing in the time we have bantered here on Ballys board. so sorry to be straight and precise but thats the truth.

at one point I thought you were very promising but you have been swallowed by the emotional angst of a nutten issue and tangent you will see in a few years time to be the limitation on your intellect and soul it really is.

perhaps then you would be able to teach others a thing or two...but not now!
Gils

Unread post

mapoui2 wrote:
no problem " :?: so his theories on the " genetic superiority " of Jamaicans dont trouble you enough to label him fascist.
I did not see those comments.....
So you only see what you're looking for, and recognise what you know.....bore thru :D
mapoui2

Unread post

I see what I have the time for when I come to the forum..

I have taken away my offending post seeking to end the nonsense. I corrected myself because it was idiotic too seek common cause with this person. I must have been in a low mood yesterday,which led to that piece of ignorance
Last edited by mapoui2 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFRO

Unread post

Gils wrote:" no problem " :?: so his theories on the " genetic superiority " of Jamaicans dont trouble you enough to label him fascist.

Or bother you half as much as my defence of sovereign rights...ok.
What the?... :? girls mussa been playing "sucky sucky" with mike which mek him head get in a TISSY because i do not recall saying anyting like that!!...but that's him all over, when him rass get beat HIM START MEK UP LIES!! :roll: .

Go on sidepiece!!..go quote me and prove me wrong!! 8-)
AFRO

Unread post

Gils wrote::D Would you describe calling people fascist without proof propaganda.

:lol: is it propaganda when affers cites " GENETICS " as the reason behind JA sporting success.
AFRO has not misunderstood me at all. he understands me well..apparently much better than you do

Passing the dunce off as a character reference and his opinion off as anything more than comedic is very brave.

:?: Mr Tin man, when exactly did you ask the wizard for heart then.
BWAHAHAHAH what a desperate SKUNT!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ...i said BOLT'S SUCCESS IS PURE GENTICS!!..not every jamaican athlete you dumb idiot!!. And anyone trying to deny that is a biased, deluded pr/ck. So i guess i shouldn't be surprised that you're still BAWLING over it :mrgreen: .
mikesiva

Unread post

You're wrong, Afro...Bolt was struggling under coach Junior Coleman, another Jamaican. He didn't start achieving success in the seniors until he switched to Glen Mills.

Coleman was training him too hard, because he saw Bolt as a 400m runner. But Bolt's scoliosis meant that his body wouldn't hold up to the rigorous training for the 400m. So, when he switched camps to Mills, the outstanding athletics coach used targeted training sessions that meant that Bolt was no longer stale, and focussed on improving speed. Hence, Bolt's decision to drop the 400m and take up the 100m. So, outstanding coaching had a great role in his development. Mills didn't win the international IAAF coach of the year award for 2013 for nothing....

With regards to my comments on the previous failures of foreign coaches, Cozier has picked up on Pybus writing this:

"The introduction of coaches from other cricket cultures (the Australians Bennett King and John Dyson were West Indies head coaches between 2004 and 2010), and players having single rooms on tour, brought about changes in the team culture that manifested in a breaking down of the natural handing on of Caribbean cricket wisdom, senior player to junior player," he wrote. "Informal coaching by elite cricketers was replaced by formal coaching from an alien culture with a different values system…Confusion over the natural Caribbean way of playing and coaching emerged." The WICB has not either confirmed or denied whether it would again turn to "formal coaching from an alien culture with a different values system".

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/co ... 72875.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AFRO

Unread post

LOL yes mike!!..it's obviously "training" and not his LONG STRIDE across the field that has allowed him to break records!!...silly me!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gils

Unread post

Mikesiva :
When Usain Bolt and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominated world athletics last year, they were coached by black Jamaican coaches.
athenasius :
Erm very selective there old boy...

1. Usain is a alien...he would be winning even if he didn't have a "coach"...it's called GENETICS
Very selective indeed matey, so much so that your little synopsis just so happens to have overlooked SAFP and her coaching arrangements.

But the finer details have always been one of your many weak points :!: .

athenasius :
LOL yes mike!!..it's obviously "training" and not his LONG STRIDE across the field that has allowed him to break records
I advise you to read this s-l-o-w-l-y.
If Bolt's long legs give him such an edge, why haven't there been more tall sprinters?

Traditionally, height has been seen as a detriment to sprinting. The formula for speed is stride length times stride rate. If the longest legs always won the race, then Yao Ming would have the world record in the 100, and lions wouldn't eat giraffes. Gangly guys, the thinking has always gone, don't win short races because they can't master the smooth form required to generate rapid leg turnover. Sprinters are supposed to be compact and muscular: Think Ben Johnson or Ato Boldon.

Big guys have physics working against them. According to the Journal of Sports Science & Medicine, "[T]he acceleration of the body is proportional to the force produced but inversely proportional to the body mass, according to Newton's second law. … This implies an inverse relationship between height and performance in disciplines such as sprint running." In other words, it's hard to produce enough power to overcome the drag of a big body. Usain Bolt, science tells us, is a top-heavy minivan racing against a field full of Suzuki Hayabusas.

That Journal of Sports Science & Medicine study, which may now need to be rewritten, found that world champion sprinters ranged between 5-foot-9 at the low end to 6-foot-3 at the absolute max. (Unlike distance runners, sprinters do need to be big and strong enough to generate explosive speed. That's why 5-foot-9 has traditionally been the minimum height, whereas the elite distance runner Haile Gebrselassie is a mere 5-foot-3.) That range covers all the recent gold medalists, from Maurice Greene to Linford Christie. But not Usain Bolt.

Yet on Saturday night, the tall guy ran away from his classically designed competitors, winning by such a wide margin that he had time to wing out his arms, pound his heart … and still set a world record. If he stays healthy, Bolt could not only lower the mark to a science-fiction-y 9.6 seconds; he could change the look of future sprinters. He is a hybrid never before seen in track and field: a spidery giant whose legs generate the propulsive power of a cannonball-thighed running back.

When Bolt first took up track, he suffered from tall man's maladies. For one thing, he ran as if he were wearing seven-league boots. His coach, Glen Mills, sped him up by shortening his stride. "Biomechanically, his body placement was not ideal for sprinting," Mills told the Jamaica Gleaner. "His head was back, his shoulders were well behind his center of gravity, this resulted in him spending too much time in the air and over-striding." Now, Mills says, "his length of stride is compatible with his height. One of the reasons he has such a long but efficient stride is because he lifts his knees so well."

Good news for tall sprinters of the future: Bolt and Mills have developed the ideal gait for a 6-foot-5 runner. It allows Bolt to use his size as a motor rather than a brake. Still, he doesn't have a classic sprinter's carriage. In the 100, he sometimes looks rickety, wobbling back and forth on the track; a less-coordinated athlete with the same dimensions might topple over as he bounds down the straightaway. Sometimes, he still lifts himself too high in the air, especially on the turn in the 200 meters. (It's hard to see how that flaw will keep him from winning a second gold medal, though.)

So will the starting blocks at the 2012 Olympics be filled by giants? Probably not. One reason we've never seen such a tall sprinter is that athletes who combine height and coordination usually go out for more glamorous, high-paying sports. Usain Bolt would make a sensational wide receiver or a great rebounding forward. In the United States, at least, a lot of guys started running track because they got cut from teams with cheerleaders. But Jamaicans regard sprinters the way the French regard wine: as a leading export, and a source of national identity. Asafa Powell, who held the world record before Bolt (and who finished fifth in Beijing, continuing a string of big-race washouts), owns six cars and has been awarded the country's Order of Distinction. America's Tyson Gay, by contrast, is less well-known than pretty much every NBA benchwarmer.

While Bolt's amazing feat likely won't inspire the next generation of Kobe Bryants to exchange their hightops for track spikes, he will undoubtedly be an inspiration to his fellow countrymen. Bolt has confessed that his first love was cricket, but his victory in the 100 made him a hero in a way the bat and ball never could have. He could be a one-off athletic freak, defying Newtonian physics, or the prototype for a new breed of bigger, faster sprinters. I'm guessing we'll find out in years to come, as long-legged Jamaicans drop their cricket bats and head for the track.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ights.html

Now wheel, and come again :geek: .