Fudadin named for South Africa Test tour

West Indies cricket discussions
WIndiesFans.com

Unread post

-       Cottrell match readiness to be assessed

St John’s, Antigua – The West Indies Cricket Board’s Selection Committee today named Assad Fudadin to the West Indies Test tour to South Africa.

Read full article...
mikesiva

Unread post

The obvious choice, since only Kraigg and Fudadin made runs regularly for the A team in Sri Lanka....
BallOil

Unread post

Deo in top form but blew his chances
Mail

Unread post

Deo should have been given a run.
bossman19TT

Unread post

Fudadin or Deo...make no difference, neither of dem is TEST QUALITY :roll:
mikesiva

Unread post

bossman19TT wrote:Fudadin or Deo...make no difference, neither of dem is TEST QUALITY :roll:
The cupboard really is bare, isn't it?

If Deonarine keeps this up, he will make the A team for their next series, and he will then become the next cab on the rank. After all, we're playing Tests against South Africa in December and January, and against England in April, so after we're beaten in those series, there will be some more vacancies....

This is interesting:

"In addition, the Selection Panel has requested that fast bowler Sheldon Cottrell play for Jamaica in the third round of the Professional Cricket League in order that the selectors have an opportunity to evaluate his match readiness. Cottrell will therefore not depart the Caribbean with the rest of the squad for South Africa on November 30th. Cottrell, a left arm fast bowler from Jamaica, recently returned from the West Indies A Team tour of Sri Lanka with a hamstring injury."
mapoui2

Unread post

Mail wrote:Deo should have been given a run.

never! no no no and no! no more chances for Deo!

Deo was absolutely, utterly ridiculous in NZ last time..going out and throwing his wicket away as if he had sold out, playing the most ridiculous shots and getting out repeatedly..totally uncharacteristic of Deo normally.

I remind dat professionalism is one thing and dissent another. if one is unhappy with the leadership, or with anything in their process for that matter, one must still be mindful of ones future and keep to ones task while protesting. one may even strike the job..but while on the job one must keep up ones professionalism.

Deo is guilty of letting himself and west indies down on that NZ tour and for me that is not easy to forgive.

for a long time I was on Pollards back when during the team troubles between Lara/Gayle-Samules, Pollard went out against India, threw his wicket away fus' ball, put his bat under his arm and walked away as if nothing happened..and he a kid on his way up, now starting out :x :x :x

I was pissed off at Pollard, royally so. that was pure nonsense, totally unprofessional and had no bearing at all on the other issues of the moment, swirling around him. that was not his business really...had nutten to do with him. he had to have had his career to mind, to do his best at the crease regardless, to promote himself, to secure a place on the side.

Pollard got caught up a pointless mess, and did nonsense, end up sacrificing himself for no good reason. Pollard is lucky he did not have me as selector to deal with. I wud send for Pollard and ask him to explain that 'out' to to me..to give one logical reason for his approach and out for nutten...ZERO.

If he like duck soup he cud buy a rale one and take it home to his mom or wife to set him up. he surely was paid enough for that match to afford a fresh duck at the market

Deo is toast for me. Fudaddin is a better choice. I can live with Fuddadin on the side.
Mail

Unread post

MAPPIPPEE,

I said Deo should have been given a run offered to many others. And by that I mean post Australia.

Of course he is now out of favour.

I am quite happy with the chance given to Fudas as, to me , he looks promising!