World Athletics Champs 2013

Pace like fire!
mikesiva

Unread post

The World Athletics Champs get started on Saturday, and a number of Caribbean athletes are involved.....

Day One

Men's 100m - Kieron Rogers (Anguilla), Daniel Bailey (Antigua), Shavez Hart (Bahamas), Ramon Gittens, Andrew Hinds (Barbados), Kemar Hyman (Cayman), Nickel Ashmeade, Kemar Bailey-Cole, Usain Bolt, Nesta Carter (Jamaica), Shernyl Burns (Montserrat), Antoine Adams, Jason Rogers (SKN), Keston Bledman, Rondell Sorillo, Richard Thompson (Trinidad)

Decathlon - Kurt Felix (Grenada)

Women's 100m - Cache Armbrister, Sheniqua Ferguson (Bahamas), Tahisha Harrigan-Scott (BVI), Sherri-Ann Brooks, Schillonie Calvert, Shelly-Ann Fraser, Kerron Stewart (Jamaica), Michelle-Lee Ahye, Kelly-Ann Baptiste, Semoy Hackett, Kai Selvon (Trinidad)

Women's 400m - Sade Sealy (Barbados), Kadecia Baird (Guyana), Patricia Hall, Novlene Williams, Stephanie McPherson (Jamaica), Sparkle McKnight (Trinidad), Kineke Alexander (St Vincent)

Women's long jump - Bianca Stuart (Bahamas), Arantxa King (Bermuda), Shara Proctor (Britain/Anguilla), Chantel Malone (BVI), Francine Simpson (Jamaica)

http://dt9guucc6nuua.cloudfront.net/com ... 28cdd9.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mos2013.ru/en/competition/timetable/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AFRO

Unread post

Apparently the stadium is HALF EMPTY!!!...i guess people are digusted with the amount of CHEATS on display bhai!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikesiva

Unread post

Ashton Eaton leads in the decathlon at the halfway stage, but Trey Hardee is out. Kurt Felix of Grenada registered the fourth highest long jump, but also pulled out.

Britain's Anguilla-born Shara Proctor led the way in women's long jump qualifying with a leap of 6.85, while in men's 100m heats, Jamaicans Usain Bolt, Nesta Carter, Kemar Bailey-Cole and Nickel Ashmeade all advanced to the semi-finals, along with Trinidadians Keston Bledman and Richard Thompson, Jason Rogers of St Kitts-Nevis, Barbadian Ramon Gittens, Justin Gatlin of the US, and Brits Dwain Chambers, Harry AA, and James Dasaolu, who got thru by the skin of his teeth.

In the women's 400m heats, Jamaicans NOvlene Williams-Mills, Stephanie McPherson and Patricia Hall all advanced, along with Kineke Alexander of St Vincent and the Grenadines, Britain's Christine Ohuruogu, and Francene McCrorory of the US.
badpepper

Unread post

Congrats to Usain Bolt on another world championship.
mikesiva

Unread post

I'm just switching over from that gold medal....
:P
mikesiva

Unread post

Huge crowds on hand to watch the 100m final today Afro, sorry to inform you....
:mrgreen:
I only wish that crowds would stay away from Bolt et al, because that would make it easier for me to get tickets to the London Games, but sadly that's not the case....

Jamaican superstar Usain Bolt recovered from a slow start to overhaul Justin Gatlin of the US and win the men's 100m in 9.77 seconds, while the American took silver in 9.84. Jamaicans took the next three places, with Nesta Carter taking the bronze (9.95), while Nickel Ashmeade and Kemar Bailey-Cole were fourth and fifth in identical times of 9.98.

Jamaicans Novlene Williams-Mills and Stephanie McPherson joined favourites Christine Ohuruogu of Britain, Amantle Montsho of Botswana and American Francena McCrorory in the final of the women's 400m. Britain's Anguilla-born Shara Proctor came sixth in the women's long jump with a best leap of 6.79, while Britney Reese of the US won with 7.01 ahead of Blessing Okagbare of Nigeria in second with 6.99.
AFRO

Unread post

Yeah mike!!!...i hear di whole place was PACKED!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mikesiva

Unread post

Anybody can choose a picture, and twist it to suit their point of view, Afro....
8-)
That could be from the morning session, for all we know.

I will worry about crowds for athletics when I no longer have to fight tooth-and-nail for a ticket to see the London Diamond League. All DL meets have been sold out, in places like Rome, Paris, Monaco, etc. The only thing this picture proves is that the WAC should've been held in Rome instead of Moscow, for example, so go on praying. In fact, that looks like a picture from a Caribbean Test match!
:lol:
But on to the real news....

Jamaica's Shelly-Ann Fraser blitzed the field to win the women's 100m final in a time of 10.71. She was followed by Murielle Ahoure of the Ivory Coast (10.93), Americans Carmelita Jeter (10.94) and English Gardner (10.97), and Jamaica's Kerron Stewart (10.97).
:D
Britain's Christine Ohuruogu pipped Botswana's Amantle Montsho in an exciting women's 400m final, both clocking times of 49.41. Russia's Krivoshapka took the bronze in 49.78, with fourth going to the young, fast-improving Stephanie McPherson of Jamaica (49.99).
AFRO

Unread post

LOL lord Mike SQUIRMING bhai!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ..i thought your sport was so "popular"? wah happened old boy? :D now you been reduced to picking and choosing where you tink di crowds will turn up? :? FACE IT mike!!..di people have spoken and dem DOAN WANT TO WATCH CHEATERS ANYMORE!!!.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In closing it's ironic that you mentioned Christine Ohuruogu's victory yesterday!!..another one who been accused of DOPING!! :mrgreen: .
mikesiva

Unread post

Again, Afro, those are morning session photos...you can tell, because they're during daylight hours.
8-)
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Afro, but more than 50,000 people turned up yesterday evening to cheer on Russia's version of Mo Farah, Isinbayeva. Since you don't know who she is, let me help you...think women's pole vault.
:D
Yesterday was a mixed day for Caribbean athletes. Trinidad's Jehue Gordon advanced to the final of the men's 400m hurdles, but none of the Jamaicans made it. In the women's 400m hurdles semis, only Nickeisha Wilson of Jamaica advanced.

Defending champion Kirani James of Grenada was well-beaten by American Lashawn Merritt (44.74) in the men's 400m final. James finished seventh in 44.99.

In this morning's men's long jump qualifying, Jamaica's Demar Forbes made it to the final with a leap of 7.96 with his last jump, knocking out Olympic champion Greg Rutherford of Britain in the process.