Caribbean outdoor season 2014

Pace like fire!
mikesiva

Unread post

"TRIPLE Olympic gold medallist Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce opened her season in style, easily winning the women's 60m open in 7.11 seconds at the Queen's/Grace Jackson Track and Field Meet at the National Stadium yesterday. Nesta Carter, the 100m World Championships bronze medallist also made a winning start blowing away the field in 6.52 seconds to highlight the 60th anniversary of the Queen's High School at this the 16th staging of the meet. Both Fraser-Pryce and Carter are using these races in preparation for the IAAF World Indoor Championships set for Poland in March."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Wi ... t_15877270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

Jamaica's outdoor schedule here....

http://www.trackandfieldja.com/nmcms.ph ... vent&id=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

'DAEGU World Championships 100m champion Yohan Blake finished third in the 400m heat in 47.20 seconds in his first run after a long injury at the Camperdown Classic yesterday at the National Stadium. Jamaica’s and Racer's quarter-miler Edino Steele won in an impressive 45.44 seconds ahead of Allodin Fothergill in 46.11 seconds. Warren Weir, who blew up in the straight, finished in 47.53 seconds for fourth place. But Blake was more than satisfied with his debut run after being out with a hamstring injury since last July. “It was really good. I left myself back a little late and tried to run back, but I felt good,” he told the Jamaica Observer after warming down.'

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Sizzling-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

'DAEGU 100-metre world champion Yohan Blake eased to 20.49 seconds in his first 200m of the season at the UWI Invitational at the Usain Bolt track at Mona, yesterday. Blake, running out of lane four, was quickly out of the blocks to cover his Racers Track Club teammate in lane six, Daniel Bailey, who finished second overall in 20.79 seconds. Veteran Jamaica 4x100m relay gold medallist Michael Frater clocked 21.58 seconds for eighth overall. Blake's time was the third fastest this year behind Aldemir DaSilva Junior of Brazil (20.32) and LaShawn Merritt of the USA with 20.42. "It's my second race of the season and I am feeling good. I am working on my fitness, right now I am 60 per cent and I am really feeling good," beamed Blake. "I have to give God thanks, as well as the coach; for me to come out here and run 20.4 is really good," he added. "I ran the curve really slow compared to how I normally run. But my coach told me to take it easy and that's what I did." Racers Track Club's Schillonie Calvert powered 23.2 seconds to win the women's equivalent ahead of Anastasia LeRoy of Sprintec with 23.25. Shericka Williams of MVP was third in 23.51 seconds. In the 400m, Ristananna Tracey of Racers outlasted Olympic 100m silver medallist Kerron Stewart, winning in 52.50 seconds. Stewart was second in 53.44 seconds. Allodin Fothergill was quickest in the men's 400m in 45.94 seconds.'

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Bl ... l_16326904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

"RISTANNANA Tracey smashed the women's 400m hurdles record at the UTech Classic and in the process established a world-leading time of 55.64 seconds yesterday. Tracey, a former Edwin Allen star, now at Racers Track Club, said her race wasn't perfect but was not surprised by the time, as she lowered Kaliese Spencer's record of 56.32 seconds set in 2009."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/5- ... e_16463903" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

Here are the entry lists for today's Jamaica International Invitational....

http://www.iaaf.org/results/iaaf-world- ... l-iwc-5360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

"Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce brought the house down at the Jamaica International Invitational inside the National Stadium, showing her class, while taking the women’s 200m in 22.53 seconds. Fraser-Pryce, the world 100m and 200m champion, won ahead of the American pair Kimberly Duncan, 22.61 and Jeneba Tarmoh, 22.69. In what was perhaps the most exciting event at the meet, Dominican Republic’s Luguelin Santos edged world champion LaShawn Merritt at the line, winning in a solid 44.82, as the American crossed the line in 44.88. Youssef Al-Masrahi, 44.96, finished third. Francena McCorory was also impressive in winning the women’s 400m in 50.22, with the Jamaican pair of Stephenie McPherson, 50.58 and Novlene Williams-Mills, 50.90. Justin Gatlin, as usual slept in his blocks, but the American found his gear in the middle of the race to out-power the rest of the field with a 10.11 clocking, while battling a -1.9 wind."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=52660" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

Womens 100m Blessing Okagbare
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mens 100m Justin Gatlin

Womens 400mH Kori Carter

Mens 400mH Felix Sanchez

Womens 100mH Tiffany Porter

Mens 1500m Will Leer

Mens 110mH Hansle Parchment

Womens 400m McCorory

Mens 400m Santos

Womens 200m Fraser-Pryce

Mens 200m Rasheed Dwyer
mikesiva

Unread post

In front of a packed crowd in Nassau, the Jamaican quartet of Nickel Ashmeade, Warren Weir, Jermaine Brown and Yohan Blake destroyed the field in clocking 1:18.63 to smash the world record in the men's 4x200m relay at the World Relays yesterday. Tiny St Kitts-Nevis came second in 1:20.51, the French third, and Barbados fourth, making it a Caribbean 1-2-4, with the Americans disqualified for a botched baton exchange.

Another world record fell in Nassau, with the Kenyans winning the women's 4x1500m in 16:33.58.

The Americans made amends in winning the women's sprint relay final in 41.88, ahead of Jamaica (42.28) and Trinidad 42.66.

Sorry Afro, but Blake is the toast of the town! And your beloved Carl Lewis has had to hang his head in sadness, at the performance of his team-mates, and the fall of his cherished record....
:mrgreen:
mikesiva

Unread post

In front of a packed crowd, Yohan Blake brought the curtain down by anchoring Jamaica to victory in the blue riband event, the men's sprint relay, in a time of 37.77. In a Caribbean 1-2, Trinidad took second in 38.04, while the Americans were disqualified in the heats, but they gained some consolation with victory in the men's mile relay, winning in 2:57.25, with second going to hosts Bahamas, and third to Trinidad.

The Americans also won the women's 4x200 relay in 1:29.45, with Britain coming second, and Jamaica third. The USA also secured victory in the women's mile relay, in a time of 3:21.69, ahead of Jamaica's 3:23.26.