Diamond League 2014

Pace like fire!
mikesiva

Unread post

True...a silly decision to take this to Scotland for the first time. If this was in England, as it was last year, it would've been sold out, as it was last year.
:)
Glaswegians are naturally saving their money to spend on the Commonwealth Games, which will be sold out. UK Athletics will have learnt their lesson, and this will be back in London next year....

Yesterday, there was an upset win for Trinidadian Michelle-Lee Ahye, who won the women's 100m in a time of 11.01, ahead of Jamaicans Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (11.10) in second, Kerron Stewart (11.22) in fourth, and Simone Facey (11.30) fifth, while Murielle Ahoure of the Ivory Coast was third in 11.17.
AFRO

Unread post

But mike!!...i thought your sport was "massive" and better than cricket? :?

I guess di scottish didn't get di memo!!...and i see you've rolled out the same EXCUSES from the manual you used during the MOSCOW GAMES!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hear dat noise old boy? IT'S ANOTHER NAIL IN A CERTAIN SPORT'S COFFIN!! 8-)
mikesiva

Unread post

yeah, right! I see you've totally ignored the other DL meets which were sold out....
:lol:
Pay attention to this one....

Monaco will be on Friday....

Women's 100m - Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Veronica Campbell-Brown (Jam), Michelle-Lee Ahye (TT)

Men's 200m - Nickel Ashmeade, Warren Weir, Rasheed Dwyer (Jam)

Women's 400m hurdles - Kaliese Spencer (Jam)

110m hurdles - Hansle Parchment (Jam)

Women's triple jump - Kimberley Williams (Jam)

http://www.diamondleague-monaco.com/en/ ... /Overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Afro, watch out for me at the Commonwealth Games at the end of the month, where I will be sitting cheek-to-jowl next to other members of a sold-out audience as we watch the Jamaicans win both genders of the 200m....
8-)
AFRO

Unread post

Speaking of "monaco"...i see another DRUGGIE aka Gatlin just won the 200m!!!..i'm sure mike is extremely PROUD of him!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikesiva

Unread post

Not proud of Gatlin and Gay at all...they are worst-case offenders. Anyone who serves a ban of a year or more has committed a serious PED offence. I notice how quiet you are about the sold-out crowd in Monaco, and they didn't come to see Gatlin and Gay....
8-)
Jamaica's Kaliese Spencer romped to yet another victory in the women's 400m hurdles in a time of 54.09, way ahead of the field, and she currently leads the Diamond League race by a considerable margin.

American Tori Bowie won the women's 100m in a world-leading time of 10.80, with Jamaican Veronica Campbell-Brown taking second in 10.96, while her compatriot Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce was sixth in 11.01.

And in the men's 200m, Justin Gatlin of the US won in 19.68, while Jamaican Nickel Ashmeade came in second in 19.99.
mikesiva

Unread post

Stockholm Diamond League on Thursday....

Men's shot put - O'Dayne Richards (Jamaica)

Men's 400m hurdles - Jehue Gordon (TT), Roxroy Cato (Jca)

Women's 200m - Schillonie Calvert (Jca)

Men's javelin - Keshorn Walcott (TT)

Men's 100m - Nickel Ashmeade, Nesta Carter (Jca), Keston Bledman (TT)

Women's 400m - Steph McPherson, Novlene Williams-Mills (Jca)

http://www.diamondleague-stockholm.com/ ... /Overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

At Stockholm yesterday, Nesta Carter of Jamaica won the men's 100m in a time of 9.96, with second going to Keston Bledman of Trinidad (10.09).

The women's 400m was won by Jamaican Novlene Williams-Mills once again, this time clocking 50.09, ahead of Americans Sanya Richards-Ross and Francena McCrorory, with two more Jamaicans, Steph McPherson and Christine Day, taking fourth and fifth respectively. This means that Williams-Mills has an unassailable lead in the Diamond Race for this event.

The 400m hurdles was won by American Michael Tinsley in 49.60, with second going to Javier Culson of Puerto Rico, and third to Trinidadian Jehue Gordon.
mikesiva

Unread post

Birmingham Diamond League on Sunday....

Men's 200m - Nickel Ashmeade, Rasheed Dwyer, Jason Livermore (Jam)

Men's 400m - Kirani James (Grenada), Chris Brown (Bah)

Women's 100m - Kerron Stewart, Schillonie Calvert, Samantha Henry-Robinson (Jam)

Women's 400m hurdles - Kaliese Spencer (Jam)

Women's triple jump - Kimberley Williams (Jam)

http://www.diamondleague-birmingham.com ... anguage=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

Caribbean athletes once again dominated before a large crowd at Birmingham yesterday....

Jamaica's Kemar Bailey-Cole won the men's 100m in 10.08, ahead of his compatriot Nesta Carter (10.13), and American Mike Rodgers (10.15), while Britain's Chijunda Ujah came fourth in 10.23. The women's equivalent was won by another Jamaican, Kerron Stewart, in 11.22.

Nickel Ashmeade of Jamaica won the men's 200m in 20.33, ahead of Panama's Alonso Edward (20.35), and another Jamaican, Rasheed Dwyer (20.58). Kirani James of Grenada won the men's 400m in 44.60, while Jamaica's Kaliese Spencer continued her dominance of the women's 400m hurdles, winning in 53.81, ahead of Britain's Eilidh Child.
mikesiva

Unread post

Zurich Diamond League on Thursday....

Men's 200m - Nickel Ashmeade, Rashid Dwyer (Jca)

Men's 400m - Chris Brown (Bah)

Men's 400m hurdles - Jehue Gordon (TT), Roxroy Cato (Jca)

Men's shot put - O'dayne Richards (Jca)

Men's javelin - Keshorn Walcott (TT)

Women's 100m - VCB, Kerron Stewart (Jca)

Men's 100m B - Jason Livermore (Jca)

Men's 100m A - KBC, Nesta Carter, Asafa Powell (Jca), Richard Thompson (TT), Tyson Gay (USA)

Women's sprint relay - Jamaica vs USA, GB, etc

http://www.diamondleague-zurich.com/en/ ... /Overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;